RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ELEX - Prologue Trailer (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36262)

Myrthos April 21st, 2017 10:32

ELEX - Prologue Trailer

Moriendor informed us that the IGN YouTube channel has a new video, the official prologue trailer of ELEX.

loading…

More information.

JDR13 April 21st, 2017 10:32

That was pretty decent. Very different from anything PB has done previously, but I liked it.

Now I'm sure the usual suspects will show up to say how horrible it was and how terrible the game is going to be. :)

lostforever April 21st, 2017 12:01

Its better than I expected but still not feeling it :)

Eye April 21st, 2017 12:01

Well, here I am. :) Though I'd call myself the unusual suspect.
I don't like his accent, I find it hinders me focussing on what he's saying. *
Apart from that the different pictures in the prologue do not really appeal to me. To me this looks like just another war game. With guns.

*O, why couldn't they have gotten Brian Blessed as well? ;)

duerer April 21st, 2017 12:41

I think the trailer is nice in a cheapo sorta way.
This low budget stylization is actually better than a half-assed CGI.

I really liked the opening: vast, cosmic, etc, etc.
… but the premise soon degrades into some firefight over blue crystals (no sound, was viewing at work) , and I was thinking, oh boy, here we go again.

wiretripped April 21st, 2017 13:00

Myeah. Kinda mixed on this. It wasn't entirely bad, but… eh.

Not sure why they didn't simply use Earth, instead of a fictitious planet with humans on it. Where did those people come from? Is it a colony from Earth? Were they space-faring then? If so, couldn't they have escaped the asteroid? Or is this a separate strain of the human race (can they be called human then?) that evolved on that planet separate from Earth?

Then, again, I might just be overthinking it. :D

Black Rune April 21st, 2017 13:18

@Wiretripped
Perhaps humanity is not a planet Earth exclusive.
The Universe is a very wast space,and something similar to us crazy humans can exist out there(in game or in reality). :)

Trailer is not that bad. But,somehow I have a feeling that the game will be average,that better average RPG type. We shall see…

JDR13 April 21st, 2017 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiretripped (Post 1061447206)
Not sure why they didn't simply use Earth, instead of a fictitious planet with humans on it. Where did those people come from? Is it a colony from Earth? Were they space-faring then? If so, couldn't they have escaped the asteroid?

The planet seems like it was at a slightly more than modern level of technology but not space-faring.

BoboTheMighty April 21st, 2017 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061447189)
Now I'm sure the usual suspects will show up to say how horrible it was and how terrible the game is going to be. :)

Where…are…THEY?!

BoboTheMighty April 21st, 2017 13:35

Did Elex give everyone in Magalan a Texas accent? :P

luj1 April 21st, 2017 13:36

That rednecky Borderlands-style narrator puts me off

Even though its a great choice considering who're they marketing it to… fat kids & console casuals

luj1 April 21st, 2017 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by duerer (Post 1061447204)
I think the trailer is nice in a cheap sorta way.

To me actually not as cheap-looking as some other graphic novel styled intros , like Grim Dawn,Tranny or Borderlands, which were pathetically amateurish

This is more on par with Nwn style cinematics which established the whole thing.

Elwro April 21st, 2017 13:39

That accent is absurd :-)

I'm HYPED!! ;)

BoboTheMighty April 21st, 2017 13:40

Anyways trailer looks solid, small $ titles should go this way. One odd thing: …Elex gave the "power of magic". Did they even have or know of "magic"?
Kind of seems out of place in this setting, hope it's integrated better ( ME biotics ?) than this.

luj1 April 21st, 2017 13:47

Its not the first time either. In the Guild Wars franchise magic was also granted to the races by a meteor crash

joxer April 21st, 2017 13:49

Never heard of Borderlands.
Rednecky style would be my mustbuy. Unlike others however, I hear nothing rednecky, there is no "ma head hurts, ma feet stink, and I don't love Jesus".

Elwro April 21st, 2017 13:51

I thought rednecks loved Jesus.

duerer April 21st, 2017 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty (Post 1061447220)
One odd thing: …Elex gave the "power of magic". Did they even have or know of "magic"?

Yup, this is where originality counts. :)
Dune had the Spice and "mutation", Philip Dick wrote drugs and "psi-powers", Heinlein had "dreamers", Asimov mystified "science", comics depicted "powers", cyberpunk invented "implants", etc, etc, etc.

Elex has … well… redneck magic! ;)

John Deere of PAIN +5!

joxer April 21st, 2017 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwro (Post 1061447227)
I thought rednecks loved Jesus.

Maybe codex rednecks do.

loading…

duerer April 21st, 2017 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061447233)
Maybe codex rednecks do.
[ VIDEO ]

Here's another one, Witty Britty style:
loading…