Wasteland 2 - Post-Funding Update #30

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We have a new post-funding update for Wastelands 2. The topics covered are a new production update, a couple of new pieces of concept art, and finalized t-shirt designs.

Backer Shirts

While the game is going well and steadily trucking forward, you also have a bunch of other rewards coming in the future. First up: T-Shirts! We’re happy to announce we’ve finalized the T-Shirt designs and will be ready to ship them to eligible backer soon! We have four different options to pick from, representing some of the factions of the wasteland, the Desert Rangers (twice), the Red Skorpion Militia, and the Pistol Packing Priests.

VGkhfWr.png

The Desert Rangers are the faction you will play as; one of the most influential groups of post-apocalyptic Arizona and the policemen of the wasteland. The Red Skorpion Militia is a well-organized band of raiders, one that has past ties and nasty future plans for the Desert Rangers. The Pistol Packing Priests are a dangerous group of fanatics who believe the apocalypse was judgment come to mankind, and are devoted to seeing its cleansing work continued on the surviving populace.

We have updated the Ranger Center Reward form to allow you to input your Shirt and Size selection. Please register on the Center if you haven’t, and input your information so we can get your rewards to you as soon as possible. These T-Shirts are backer-exclusive, only available to specific tiers and will not be sold later. Non-exclusive T-shirts are available via our partners at J!nx.

In-game Backers Content Tiers Closing

As development progresses we’re reaching the point where we have to start finalizing additional content. For that reason, we will stop taking orders on tiers $500 and above on July 31st. This applies to both late backers and the backer-only upgrade store.

Please make sure you’ve put your info into the Ranger Center. Part of the finalizing process will be collating all that data, and you can also expect follow-up emails from us should we have any more questions. This will happen in the following months up to and after the closing of the tier.

Production Update

Pick a department and they’re making amazing progress. Most of our game systems are in and working. The team is currently busting ass to get the remainders in for a full feature lock. Meanwhile, the level designers are taking the time to craft each encounter and focusing on the reactive elements. Mark Morgan is about to get started on the next batch of music for us. Now that we’re starting to lock our script for the radio voice over from Vargas, we’re able to kick off the recordings next week. Radio plays a huge role in the game and adds a very interesting element to how you navigate the wasteland. That system is fully functioning and will continue to get deeper and deeper. The art team is taking additional passes on each map and adding bits of detail everywhere they can. We’ve also picked up some great team members to help us close out the last third of development. Things are moving fast here!

With that said, in our last update, we promised a bit more on an area in Wasteland 2 that you’ll come across in Arizona. After the screenshot below (full size here), I’ll turn it over to Damonta’s own Werewolf Wally with some interesting details…

More information.

I like them especially the blue one but I am not going to up my pledge 50$ for a T-shirt. I backed at 100 and its 150 to get the shirt...too steep for a t shirt.

I like them especially the blue one but I am not going to up my pledge 50$ for a T-shirt. I backed at 100 and its 150 to get the shirt…too steep for a t shirt.

Precisely my feelings! I also like the blue one, but $50 is a bit steep for a T-shirt hehe :) Now, if they could/would allow backers to purchase these separately for $20+shipping, I would be all over it (and they'd still make a profit for funding purposes).

Got the Red Scorpion shirt. I gave $500 and I was hoping to get the poster and coin also, but I am not giving another $500 just for a poster and coin :) I do like the shirt though, and was going to get the poster until I saw the Red Scorpion.

I'm having Three Dog flashbacks. And that ain't a good thing!

Ahoy there, weary traveler! This is Werewolf Wally, howlin' at you from radio station KPOW in heart of downtown Damonta! Are you tired? Hungry? Lost in the trackless reaches of the wastes? Then listen to this message from the Damonta Chamber of Commerce, and point your tired tootsies toward the friendliest little town in Arizona.

Damonta has everything a weary traveler could wish for, motel, bar, garage, diner, fresh water, scenic attractions, the best oldies station in Arizona, and the biggest scavenging center in the west!

Our little town grew up in the ruins of an old military facility known as the DAvis-MONThAn Air Force Base - hence the name - and that base is the secret of our vibrant economy. Its big old airplane graveyard is a magnet for scavengers and scrap-metal merchants from all over, and the tech we've taken from all those old planes, robots and buildings has given the town the highest standard of living in Arizona. Ever heard of air conditioning, folks? Well, we got it, and you won't believe how good it feels.

Trade here in Damonta is a winter occupation, as radiation clouds seal off the town from most of its neighbors in the hot summer months, but even in the summer there is plenty to do here in the garden spot of the east. Scavenging goes on year round, there's always a shin-dig happening at the Fly-By Nightclub, and locals and tourists alike often visit the airplane graveyard just to look at the soaring skeletons of those old war-birds and the rusting hulks of those scary-looking robots.

Heh heh. Don't worry, folks, they're perfectly safe. Haven't moved in years.

And "perfectly safe" pretty much sums up all of Damonta, too. If you're here for trade, tourism, or just looking to settle down, remember, Damonta is the place to be! Tell 'em Werewolf Wally sent you! Till next time…

Back
Top Bottom