Matt Chat - Neal Halford Part 3, About Cavedog and Swords & Circuitry

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Apparently Matt Barton had a really long talk with Neal Halford as we are already at part 3 of his interview with him. This time the main topics are the demise of Cavedog and Neal's book Swords and Circuitry.

Related to this is that unfortunately for Neal Halford, his Kickstarter for the Thief of Dreams book he is writing has failed.
More information.

"Related to this is that unfortunately for Neal Halford, his Kickstarter for the Thief of Dreams book he is writing has failed."

I always feel bad for failing projects, except this time. I was offended that he wanted to charge $20 for an ebook (not to mention one that did not yet exist). I have always thought of Kickstarter as offering a trade, of sorts: you give me the chance to reach my vision, and I share the finished work at a reasonable price (in recognition of the risk you took). He got greedy.

Nod, I remember looking at his Kickstarter and thinking, "this is a really really bad idea." I'm not surprised at all that it failed.

-Carn

Is it safe to assume that Mr Hallford won't take to Kickstarter again in the future? Guido was wiser.

Back
Top Bottom