Demonicon - Screens @ Worthplaying

This one is prettier and at least not so cheery. :)

Prettier ? No. Drakensang is still better from the looks, imho. And I definitively prefer more "cheery" games - although I do know that I'm standing against a whole lot of mass of people who like it otherwise, then.

But indeed this game looks good. Too bad it'll only be hack & slash, as I assume.

It should look better because it's two years younger. Plus we don't know whether these are real screenshots or bullshots.

It should look better because it's two years younger. Plus we don't know whether these are real screenshots or bullshots.

I think they look great but quite possibly bullshots.

But indeed this game looks good. Too bad it'll only be hack & slash, as I assume.
In a forum post shortly after the PCG preview TGC denies that it's an action-RPG or hack & slay.

Well, if there's one thing we've learned from The Fall it's to only believe what's on a DVD in our own PC.

Uh. Are those screenshots for real? Yeah, indeed Drakensang and any other game on the market can take a hike compared to the fur of the 2-headed wolves on the first screenshot, and the grass in picture 2 looks far more natural than other games on the market. Also the shadow technique seems almost prerendered.

"Next Generation Consoles" in 2010... hmm.

The Fall ... too bad that never saw a US release ...

The wolfs are obviously 2d, do not know why your guys think that screen looks good, it doesn't fit to mix 2d and 3d it just looks flat out strange.

The waterfall is also a 2d pic.

I guess they mixed some 3d from the engine with some 2d concept arts, unless they made an engine which would mix 2d and 3d but I doubt it, that wouldn't make sense.

The Fall Reloaded is on the current PC Games. Issue 3/09.

Uh. Are those screenshots for real? Yeah, indeed Drakensang and any other game on the market can take a hike compared to the fur of the 2-headed wolves on the first screenshot, and the grass in picture 2 looks far more natural than other games on the market. Also the shadow technique seems almost prerendered.

"Next Generation Consoles" in 2010... hmm.
No, I'm afraid those screenshots are not "real": they are rendered (like frames from a CGI movie), not screenshots from a real time game engine as the Demonicon game engine does not support realtime rendering yet (wtf?), as stated in the German PC Games 2/09 where these screens were first printed.

Btw. is it just me or does the redhead from the second screenshot look like a plastic doll?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom