Dragon Age: Inquisition - Which Characters Will Come Back?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
UniGamesity has written up a new article discussing the possible companions that might be back from the previous games.

BioWare has recently assured that Dragon Age Inquisition is still under development and it will only be released in 2014. Last month, during the annual E3, the company presented a small trailer that revealed part of the incoming plot, which will feature Morrigan, one of the main characters in Dragon Age Origins.

The eternal battle between mages and templars will be the main theme of this upcoming game; however uncertainty is basically what defines the current knowledge about Dragon Age Inquisition. Who will be the main character, the Inquisitor perhaps? And which characters will be the Inquisitor’s companions? Everything remains a secret, for now, but it seems that all this secrecy is about to break down soon enough.

BioWare started a twitter post a few days ago inquiring players about which characters they would like to see again. Maybe the story is not completely defined yet but there are certainly a few characters that will most likely return and some that have a great probability to be seen once again. This prediction can be easily supported by two main reasons: continuity, a character that was present in the last two games has a nearly granted spot in the third game; extreme relevance regarding the upcoming plot, characters that hold precious information about Inquisition’s storyline will probably return.

In this fantasy series every character has its own unique story, traits, skills and personal involvement with the world events, however there’s simply no time or space for everyone’s return. The chosen ones shall return to the magnificent world of Thedas but first, who are they?
More information.

Bring back Minsc or NO SALE!! ;)

I guess I really don't care who returns since I won't be playing my grey warden. Meeting flemeth in DA2 as someone else really ruined the experience for me.

I guess I'd like to see Leliana, Isabella, and Varric. Those were the characters whose personality I found the most agreeable. A few of the others were okay though.

Morrigan, Leliana, Sten, Varric, Anders and Merrill were my favourite characters from DA series. I hope to see them again in DA3. Also it would be great if I could see my Gray Warden character from the first game and Hawke from the second at some point in the game.

Bring anybody back or not at all matters much less to me than which gameplay elements they'll bring back from either predecessor

I don't think Alistair should be on the "most surely" list. He'll only be back if your import allows him to. That also goes for Anders, who is guaranteed to feature if he's alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oghren made a return, as he's a fairly popular companion, and Varric is bound to show up as well.

I think the characters core to story will show up: Morrigan/Flemeth, Sten, Anders, Leliana, Cassandra, Varric, Isabela, Alistair and maybe Cullen.

I must have been one of the few who didn't like Varric. Never had him with me outside of the forced missions. Not to sound fantasy racist, but Dwarves were made to tank, not shoot crossbows.

I'd take Isabella (bet she makes a cameo only), Leliana (sure to return, based on ending of DA2), Morrigan (confirmed return) and Merill (doubt it). Oghren will probably be there, but despite being in every game I never really bonded with him. I guess I really just don't like the Dragon Age version of the dwarf? I loved Khelgar from NWN2…

I must have been one of the few who didn't like Varric. Never had him with me outside of the forced missions. Not to sound fantasy racist, but Dwarves were made to tank, not shoot crossbows.

I'd take Isabella (bet she makes a cameo only), Leliana (sure to return, based on ending of DA2), Morrigan (confirmed return) and Merill (doubt it). Oghren will probably be there, but despite being in every game I never really bonded with him. I guess I really just don't like the Dragon Age version of the dwarf? I loved Khelgar from NWN2…

I must admit I don't like dwarf race much in DA. Dwarfs with shaved beards seems a little weird. :)

I don't think Alistair should be on the "most surely" list. He'll only be back if your import allows him to. That also goes for Anders, who is guaranteed to feature if he's alive.

I found Anders' persona to be pasty, and I could have done without the gay responses. :-/

Varric, Morrigan and Cassandra have been confirmed to have a role in DAI story (and they are in the trailer). Flemeth should be in it, Gaider mentioned her indirectly by saying he couldn't wait to work with Kate again (and also the comment "What's DA without a bit of Flemeth?"). Cullen is in, his voice actor mentioned recording dialog a while back (and deleted the tweet afterward).

I expect Leliana to show up because of DA2 ending and a comment by Gaider a while back in reference to a fan art with her in it. Sandal & Bodhan are probably in, because in DA2 Bodhan talks about moving to Orlais.

Beside that, I don't expect much from former characters, the writers seems to be in a major trollish mood since they started working on DAI…

Isabella seems like she could plausibly be made a part of pretty much any story, so I'd be surprised if she didn't show.

I found Anders' persona to be pasty, and I could have done without the gay responses. :-/

I liked him in Awakening, but not in DA2. However, given his role at the end of DA2, it's hard to avoid him in DA3 as long as he's alive.

Isabella seems like she could plausibly be made a part of pretty much any story, so I'd be surprised if she didn't show.

(You walk into the tavern of Little Haven, a port town on the Sea of Castain. It's a quiet place, except for this rather attractive women sitting in the far corner of the bar, sipping some mead. Despite her feminine appeal, she is dressed like a pirate and appears to be waiting for someone.)

Your PC: "Hello there, I'm Scoots McGruder, Future Ninja of Orlais, and I'd like to be rich. I can't help but notice how beautiful you are, why don't you join my party and we'll kill some rats in the sewers until I have enough XP to level up."

Isabella: "I'm Isabella. While the thought of killing rats in the sewers sounds appealing, I've already been there and done that with my boyfriend, 'The Hero of Kirkwall'. Perhaps you've heard of him. Anyway, he's in the bathroom and then we must go. Good luck on your journey."

Your PC: "Uh... Thanks. Bye"

I liked [Anders] in Awakening, but not in DA2. However, given his role at the end of DA2, it's hard to avoid him in DA3 as long as he's alive.

Oh lord, so much rage for this hysterical little weasel. Of course he is dead in my game, but now I almost wish I'd let him live in order to kill him at greater length in the sequel.

[Edit] ChaosTheory: Heh.

Back
Top Bottom