Trouble with assigning keys, etc.
1) 'Sneak' does not work. I press the ctrl key and nothing changes. Is this because I just started and have not found a trainer? Is this also the 'crouch' key or isn't there one for that? Because if it is, then that should be working.
2) *No* key change works. I can't assign a different key to anything. I double click and it asks me which key I'd like to use and I type in a key… For example, I assigned 'Look back' to the letter X. Back in the game when I hit X nothing happens.
3) I like to play these games with the Y axis inverted. I changed that so it is… problem is, when ever I quit and then re-load the game later it is *not* inverted. Really strange thing is if I go to change it again it already says it is inverted and then when I go back to the game, it *is* indeed inverted - without me doing anything but clicking on the Game Options screen . A minor problem to be sure, but definitely strange.
4) Assuming I can get the 'Assigning Keys' thing working, what does the 'use 0, use 1', use 2' thing do? Is there an example of how these keys are used?
I'm using patch 1.1, I have a powerful computer (for a change) and I'm a long time Gothic fan. :) Any help w/b greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1) Yes, you need the sneaking skill to be able to sneak.
2) Don't think I ever tried assigning keys, so I can't really help you.
3) It's been a while, but Risen probably has various settings in a .ini file somewhere. Might want to change it there, that should make it permanent.
4) I assume it's the usual use stuff on the interface keys. When you press 1, 2 or 3, you use the item you've assigned to 1, 2 or 3. You assign stuff in the inventory, or by dragging it to the bar at the bottom of the screen. Only stuff you've assigned is visible on the bar, so if you've assigned nothing the bar will be invisible.
Basically, you can assign potions, food and so on for quick use, similar to most games.
I never use the standard WASD setup, I always remap everything to the Numberpad. I don't recall having any problem reassigning keys in Risen.
If i remember correctly you have to edit the ConfigUser.xml file to change the key settings.
Also would just like to point out that the sneak skill is a waste to get as there are 2x rings in the game wich gives the sneak skill so you can simply equip one of those whenever you feel the need to steal something.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:38.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch