- News Comments
||June 25th, 2013 06:52
Sword of the Stars - MindGames Expansion Announced
An expansion to Sword of the Stars: The Pit
, named MindGames
will be available next week as we learn from this press release.
MindGames Expansion Coming July 1 to Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Mind over monsters! Kerberos to release “The Pit: MindGames” expansion
Kerberos Productions are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the first expansion to their acclaimed role-playing game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames. MindGames will launch July 1st, 2013 on Steam and other fine digital retailers everywhere.
The Pit: MindGames expands the fun, fast, light-hearted roguelike RPG of Sword of the Stars: The Pit with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, and – best of all – psionic powers for you to unleash as you dive ever deeper into The Pit. Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience.
“The Pit--with its random elements and permadeath--is justified in its boast of replayability…” – PC Gamer
“Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have…” – Destructoid
“Sword of the Stars: The Pit is an absolute must-play for gamers that want a new spin on an old genre.” - Indie Game HQ
- 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
- 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
- New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
- New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
- New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
- New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
- Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.
||June 25th, 2013 06:52
According to steam achievements, 0,1% players found Insane not Insane enough while playing with marine class…
||June 25th, 2013 10:01
Coincidently, I purchased SotS: The Pit from GOG yesterday.
I like it. I've never been real big on roguelikes, but The Pit has an addictive quality about it. I've only played 2 sessions so far, and I want to keep firing it up despite being in the middle of several other games right now.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch