Lands of Lore II on Windows 7 / 64-bit, broken
View Single Post
October 16th, 2010, 10:41
Not to bump this thread, but I registered here to say that I managed to get LOL:G working on my new laptop, which has Windows 7. It wouldn't install through Windows 7, even INSTALL95.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 95 would only install the game up to 94%. Here's what you do -
1. Go to C:\, delete the Westwood folder.
2. Open DosBox.
3. Mount the ISO image of Disc 1 (I actually mounted drive D as a CDRom)
4. BEFORE YOU RUN Install.exe - adjust the size of Drive C that DosBox will recognize. This is what keeps messing people up, even WITH DosBox. The command I used was "mount c C:\ -size 50000" or something like that.
5. Now type "D:" to select the D drive, and run Install.exe. Or Setup.exe. I forget which one, it's in one of the subdirectories too, so you may have to remount D:\ while specifying one of those inner directories.
6. It'll bring up a bround framed EULA, hit enter - NORMALLY THIS IS WHERE IT WOULD CRASH. However - since we told DosBox to allocate and utilize more memory through the -size command, it should bring up the actual Setup. It'll first bring up the "Sound test", click Detect sound, etc. next -
7. By default the cache available says 50000, whereas 82000 (I think) is what is needed. Readjust it to 83000.
8. Hit next, let Setup do it's thing. It won't get hung up at 93%, it won't crash, etc. It'll install fully.
9. After finishing installation, exit DosBox, tweak the options, etc. At the bottom of options under [autoexec], type the below -
mount d D:\ -t cdrom
mount c C:\westwood\lolg
10. Regardless of the game coming up in either fullscreen or windowed mode, it should come up - full detail - everything. Enjoy!!
You still have to use DosBox to play, however - at least we won't need a virtual machine!
Join Date: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Arcanoix
Find More Posts by Arcanoix