Underrail, formerly known as Timelapse Vertigo
View Single Post
April 23rd, 2012, 22:56
Areas, Shadows, Stats
Been doing a lot of different stuff the previous week. Here's the highlights:
- I've created graphics for a new type of area. In contrast to the Lower Underrail stations which are large open areas, there's a vast network of narrow passageways around and below them. Around the active stations they are usually patrolled and safe, but the farther you stray the more dangerous they become.
- I've added blob shadows to characters.
- I've removed the Wisdom stat. It served no purpose anymore except for forcing the psi-based character to split stat points between it and Will. All psionic skills will now use Will stat instead, just as all science skills use Intelligence; and Persuasion skill will now use Intelligence.
- Redesigned the stat system somewhat too. Previously you could assign values between 5 and 15 for each stat (Strength, Dexterity, Agility…etc) at the character creation. The system had D&D like purchase aspect (or whatever you call it) where the higher the stat goes, the more expensive it is to increase it. The new system works much like the stat system in Fallout. Where you start with 5 points in each stat and have 5 additional points to spend, or more if you decrease some of the stats (no stat can go below 3). You'll still gain stat points as you advance levels, but it'll now be only on even levels. Basically I made it a bit more straightforward.
- an indie roleplaying game
Click if you'd prefer to keep an eye on Underrail dev log through an RSS feed.
Join Date: Apr 2011
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Styg
Visit Styg's homepage!
Find More Posts by Styg