The RPG Podcast - What Is The True Definition of a Role-Playing Game?
View Single Post
May 20th, 2013, 20:30
There are always borderline cases like Xcom, Nemesis: A Wizardry Adventure, System Shock 2.
But all games that fulfill
1) can control 1 or more characters
2) gets experience by questing (exploring and combat)
3) by getting more experience you can level up your characters (skills, talents,…)
4) you can interact with the world, NPCs, factions
5) you can equip your characters with items you find, loot, shop for
6) a story is told - your actions and choices have consequences
1) … 6) => crpg
the reverse direction crpg => 1) … 6) doesn't apply always so we have
equivalence relation 1) … 6) <=> crpg
The Elder Spy
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to HiddenX
Visit HiddenX's homepage!
Find More Posts by HiddenX