RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Gaming Windows Tablets
View Single Post

December 12th, 2013, 15:13
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Not so much of a fan as that I advocate your position - first-hand experience beats out something from a spec sheet. Integrated graphics from the initial Intel chipsets were really awful … but as of the 4000 and *especially* the 5000 series , you really do get decent performance in even modern games. Very surprising, but it keeps me as a 'non-graphics zealot' happy.
Show me some 4000 and 5000 series benchmarks in Battlefield 4 and Crysis 3 and we'll talk about decent performance in "modern games"! It only takes a GTX670 to come even with Xbox One, which gets you geared up for "next-gen" games. But these Intel solutions don't even come close to being ready for gaming.
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
But the whole purpose here is not about 'will the iPad / Nexus / Galaxy / Kindle / Surface replace my desktop for gaming' … but rather 'can I get reasonable gaming enjoyment from this device as a long-time PC gamer'. The answer to the first is NO, but to the second is YES!
Gaming tablets? Yes/No?

I believe No is a better answer.

Sure, there are ways to wriggle the answer around to yes if you make multiple exceptions and allowances and don't expect results that would rival a 3 year old, second hand laptop, or even a mobile phone, at half the price. But at the end of the day that tablet PC is, at best, a 6 year old PC with no graphics card. No serious gamer could give that a thumbs up for gaming. Waste of money.

PS. I haven't even mentioned the storage space on those things! YUK!

Here's the benchmarks for the HD 5000… If we assume its actually 2007 and crysis just came out, its still not good enough!
Last edited by SirJames; December 12th, 2013 at 15:25.

Keeper of the Watch