Building a new site

He didn't, some people are just guessing :lol:

Maybe I missed something in this thread, but where did Myrthos say he was talking to Sorcerers.net about the potential hosting of RPGWatch?

Just to be sure, I went as far as Myrthos' post (#77 in this thread) regarding the contact that occurred last weekend between him and the potential hoster, and he didn't mention any names. But again, perhaps I missed some piece of info elsewhere. If I did, please excuse me :)
Well, Taluntain offered here:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061680147&postcount=129
And people are naturally assuming from that.

I suspect my definition preceded it. :p

I suspect that you are right. My old mom used to warn us about "wrong'uns" way back in the 1950's when I was a kid. That was without the aid of 'urban slang dictionaries' et al.

Not really sure when Aussies learnt to play cricket though... (if ever).....LOL....

Maybe I missed something in this thread, but where did Myrthos say he was talking to Sorcerers.net about the potential hosting of RPGWatch?

No, but there's several things that make me think that's overwhelmingly likely, and I'll be corrected in due course if I'm wrong.

itsaliens.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

I don't want to be hearing about their TOS, which appears to be worth about as much as a few stanzas of my teenage poetry. Here's their TOS, and here's, for example, the Codex thread on the demise of the Watch.

Oof. Seeing their reaction to Pladio's post is very instructive, if quite pathetic (unless they're just evil IC, some people do that). That only reinforces my position; I wouldn't even bother to create a login there, it's not for me.

About the ToS, make sure to read their hosting conditions too, it does feel a bit like a hanging sword of Damocles. That doesn't necessarily mean they would throw someone away for a temporary low traffic, but it would definitely put some pressure on a site. On the other hand, it removes the pressure of getting funds…

I just clicked on that RPGCodex thread. I guess I missed something. After the first post, it's all "trannies" and "fags" posts regarding RPGWatch?!? I mean, wow, straight to that?

I just clicked on that RPGCodex thread. I guess I missed something. After the first post, it's all "trannies" and "fags" posts regarding RPGWatch?!? I mean, wow, straight to that?

That's what the site is. Every thread.

When Falksi was hanging around here, reviewing retro games and such, I wish I had replied to every post of his with "Well, as a black tranny, I think…"

I think the key is not to take it seriously.

It's like a terrible joke that never ends - but I don't think all Codexians are really like that.

They're just trying to fit into their environment.

It's like going to prison - you either adapt (toughen up in terms of the facade) or you get ousted (or stabbed) :)

It's like a terrible joke that never ends - but I don't think all Codexians are really like that.

It's like going to prison - you either adapt (toughen up in terms of the facade) or you get ousted (or stabbed) :)

Hmm, that probably is the case for some, but unlike prison they're free to leave at any time. :)

Not every Codexer feels the urge to spew out slurs and insults, some of them actually just want to discuss cRPGs. But the thoughtful posts tend to get lost in a a sea of toxic sludge and pointless bickering.

I'd rather avoid going to prison in the first place ;)

I don't believe in adapting to unhealthy environments, because that's modifying your own perception and behaviour, and I certainly don't want to start behaving like what I've seen there if I can help it. It's just a vicious circle that needs to be broken.

I'm not big into moralizing or pretending to know how to be - but I can certainly say that the Codex isn't the place for me.

I was just trying to put things into perspective based on my perceptions. I think a large part of it is posturing or, as mentioned, kind of a bad joke.

I know I've been a part of that kind of culture in my youth among certain friends. Where you state things in very negative ways - without really having true negative intentions.

I leave it to others to decide if that's sustainable or interesting - but there's no denying that the Codex is long lasting.

I'm not big into moralizing or pretending to know how to be - but I can certainly say that the Codex isn't the place for me.

I was just trying to put things into perspective based on my perceptions. I think a large part of it is posturing or, as mentioned, kind of a bad joke.

I know I've been a part of that kind of culture in my youth among certain friends. Where you state things in very negative ways - without really having true negative intentions.

I leave it to others to decide if that's sustainable or interesting - but there's no denying that the Codex is long lasting.

Same for me. A lot of communication was jokingly rude when I was a teenager.

Most guys have a peak of this kind of behavior and communication style around 16 years of age, girls around 14. It can remain in small social circles for a long time, but most people adapt to a less anti-social interaction style in most situations.

Nowadays I just find it tedious.

Most guys have a peak of this kind of behavior and communication style around 16 years of age, girls around 14. It can remain in small social circles for a long time, but most people adapt to a less anti-social interaction style in most situations.

Yes, I mentioned earlier that my abiding impression is of a troubled 12 year-old, trying to impress his bullying brother and their racist dad.

Yeah, I think it's reasonably common - at least around here.

As you touch upon, I think it's a culturally influenced facade - which isn't too surprising given human interaction at such young ages.

It's sort of a necessary evil (or it's perceived as such) - because allowing yourself to be sensitive or vulnerable is a sign of weakness. I think that provokes the opposite theater - where you're as "tough as possible" so you can pretend to not be vulnerable.

Ironically, it's arguable that any kind of pretense is the height of vulnerability - because being anything except genuine is, to an extent, a defensive response.

As I understand it, there's a recent cultural movement in many places of the world when it comes to youth culture. Certainly in places of modern education - where over-sensitivity and potentially self-destructive blame-gaming is the new order of the day.

I think that might be an even worse facade to have - but what do I know.

Please discuss the Codex-(Non/Anti)-Culture in a different thread.

I agree, the Codex is in no way relevant to the topic of this thread.

Next week, I'll let you all know if there is a potential "restart" of RPGWatch.

Regarding helping to set up/transfer the watch.

As I've said, I am willing to help setting up a new/remastered site. FWIW, I have the time, and I know a bit PHP and Sql. However, I fear that a lot of what's needed is beyond what I know.

I can not promise helping with running the site or administration/moderation.

pibbuR who has spoken. And who thinks his hair looks better than that of the alien guy.

Back
Top Bottom