Dawn of Magic - Demo Tomorrow
View Single Post
April 6th, 2007, 19:03
I have been playing the demo for about 2½-3 hours now. And here's my (first) impression.
- visuals are nice (yah --- represent the game's atmosphere fairly well).
- gameplay and interface are very intutive, and easily learned, although the skills & stats progression still is a bit confusing to me.
- quests are modern, innovative, creative and some of the best quests in an action rpg, I have seen. They range from - go kill something very dangerous, to play fetch with children (nasty little brats
- running all over the game
) and to protect someone etc. (even the blacksmith has a quest for you to do! very nice
- The chracters look nice, imo, and the weapons etc. look even nicer. (however, they do not look over nice).
- The Intro sequence is probably one of the best intro sequences, I have seen in a very long long time
The tutorial is extensive, although at times very boring and tedious, but covers the basic gameplay nicely, imo.
- If you die (and you will) the game spawns you at the teleporter on the map where you died.
My main problems/grievnaces with this game, are the same, I had with Silverfall.
The camera can be moved freely around, but, imo, it doesn't have near height to it.
This can sometimes be a problem if you want to tell you from where the monsters are coming etc. And you cannot save the game without existing it - this is very annoying, imo, since not all people have 2-3 hous a day they can set aside to play this game. (and it is necessary to have as much time as this - if you want to get something done this game…).
The monsters in this game are, well, shall we say, ok, and there's a fair amount of space between them. Sometimes there are too maney of them in one given location. But overall, the game seems fairly balanced in this regard.
A score would probably be around 7.5-7.9. The reason I don't give 8.0 or 8.5 is because I think that there's lots of potential here, if only the devs. had trusted their intuition/instincts and made a full fledged rpg game, instead of this rpg game we now have, which focuses on action & combat a lot.
But it is not one of the first rps (or adventure) games I would buy, when I have the amoney to buy games again. But it would probably come before Silverfall anyway
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark, Europe
View Public Profile
Send a private message to aries100
Find More Posts by aries100