RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Can a user start a thread in it?

I don't know, and it talks about 'comment on our 'featured games' here. We should make it more general so that the recent 'opinions on two worlds' thread could have gone there.

I'm pretty sure it's a system-generated forum specifically for making comments while viewing games in the database - in other words, it's just like the News Comments forum. You don't manually create threads there - they happen automatically when you comment on a newsbit -- or a game from the database, in this case.

One of the reasons it's virtually unused is the database functionality isn't complete yet, hence noone uses it.

And so the conclusion would be...?

Seems to me that a forum where stuff like UFO:ET belongs would be useful. Besides, then we could have some crispy flamewars over what games are "RPG enough" to go into RPG General and which ones aren't.

And are YOU volunteering to moderate such a forum???!!! :)

Ummm, sure. Wouldn't be the first time I've put my head in the vise and turned the crank a couple rounds.

Dhruin is correct, the Games Comments forum is system-fed, like the news comments. You pick a game in the database and comment on it. You cannot start threads in the forum itself.

So we have a volunteer with moderation experience for a 'General Games' forum.

I say go for it; Dte is an excellent moderator!!

Done; Lucky Day, your wish was granted ;).

Hi,

I have a feature request. Could it be possible for you to make a link in the "Games" menu for a page that contains all the games that RPG/MMOWatch "watch"?
I often miss the possibility of viewing the information related to a specific game and the only way to access a game's page is when news about it is covered.

I think this is already possible to create -> After all it's just a 'view' one would have to create for some games. The problem is only what games should ave such a seperate view? Gothic, NWN and Morrowind/Oblivion is pretty clear cause of the amount of users who come here to discuss those games.

Still it would be empty without some other info about the game itself. Gorath and I are discussing about a GothicWatch and how it should look like, but for the other games people are needed too.

As I see it. The day RPGWatch gets the game database up and running and the Future Watch (what ever it is) activated, this website will be unmatched.

Hi-

Just a question about 'Forum Watch on the front page:

Would it be possible (or desirable, to anyone else) to have the posts there act as links to the most recent/last post, rather than to the beginning of the thread? Just to be clear, I don't mind navigating to the last post myself, and there can be great info at the beginning of these threads, but for some of the ongoing topics (last game finished, what are you playing now etc) it seems like a natural thing to jump to the latest entry?

I believe you can set that in your preferences for how forums are displayed. Go to your user CP and change it!!

Correct.
Was one of the first things I changed. LIFO is the correct method for forum posts.

There's no complaints from me, it's more of a curiosity than anything - i've become aware of the words/letters spelled as *&acute* contained within the posts and articles of certain rpgwatch admin's.

Is it a software bug....or a keystroke error etc' - - Gorath is the forums champion with Dhruin way behind in second place, i did a forum search....

&acute by Gorath 18
&acute by Dhruin 2

First one to get to 100 will receive a golden tankard from me, yet can't see it being caused by having a beer...or else Corwin would also be a contender ! ! :lol:

There's no complaints from me, it's more of a curiosity than anything - i've become aware of the words/letters spelled as *&acute* contained within the posts and articles of certain rpgwatch admin's.

I assume it is a keyboard translation thing.

Looks like the accent aigu "´"is turned into &acute (the ISO entity corresponding to "´") when a newsbit creates an automatic forum entry (hence, all these &acutes happened in the news comments forum). Dhruin and Gorath are among our most active news posters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom