Alien RPG - Leaked Footage?

Dead Space was so boring, I still haven't bothered re-installing the game to progress any further. Boring enemies, comically obvious jump moments and the terrible emulated controller aiming on PC.. oh wait, blurry textures thrown in perfected the shitty console feel.

The only thing working for that game was the abandoned station feel similar to Doom 3. But unlike Doom 3, you will have trouble finding any challenging enemies (at least I didn't and I was almost half way through, boss fights were typical console affair.. run around like a moron and shoot the special points on the monster). The gravity bit stopped being fun when I was most of the time was busy moving the mouse fast or slow enough to target enemies and explosive barrels and whatever.

All in all, overhyped mess like MW2. Stay away (but people will STILL try it, I know).

Dead Space peaked around level 4, IIRC. From there, the gameplay stagnated and basically repeated itself over and over. I was originally very excited as it seemed almost like a new System Shock for a little while.

Unfortunately, it turned into a traditional on-rails shooter with a few gimmicks and a subpar story. But the atmosphere was genuinely fantastic at times, and I'd rate it relatively highly as an action game. Something like 7.5 - 8 for excellent execution of a mildly boring concept.

Back
Top Bottom