Sacred 2 - 2.40 Patch Released

magerette

Hedgewitch
Ascaron has made good on their announcement to release a content update patch incoporating Nvidia PhysX tech and a variety of bug fixes. You can see the announcement, fix list and pick up the patch here at the official site, Worthplaying, and in multiple lanuguages at the Patches Scrolls.
Here's a partial list on just the PhysX tech:
The current version of Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel contains several bugfixes as well as these newly implemented features:

nVidia®-PhysX TM Technology Implemented:

The display of two combats arts for each respective hero has been
enhanced with physical effects. Executing a combat art will now have
direct impact on the immediate environment (small stones, leaves, twigs).

The enhanced combat arts are:
  • High Elf: Glacial Thorns and Incandescent Skin
  • Temple Guardian: T-Energy Shroud and Untouchable Force
  • Seraphim: Flaring Nova and Radiant Pillar
  • Shadow Warrior: Nether Allegiance and Augmenting Guidon
  • Inquisitor: Mortifying Pillory and Frenetic Fervor
  • Dryad: Dust Devil and Edaphic Lances
Certain particle effects as well as different wind speeds are also vailable now. Leaves and stones may be moved by wind or by walking across them.
More information.

I never like to bad mouth a game, as I know that each game represents a lot of hard work for someone (or someones), but I can't imagine a S2 patch big enough to fix everything that's irritating about this game.

I never like to bad mouth a game, as I know that each game represents a lot of hard work for someone (or someones), but I can't imagine a S2 patch big enough to fix everything that's irritating about this game.

I disagree. Sacred 2 is the best ever aRPG IMHO, and this patch finally solved both of my big complains. They improved the logbook, so it is usable now, and yes, there is a "pause" function in SP mode!:clap:

I've enjoyed it as well....huge world to explore, tons of loot and some non-traditional classes with a bit of humor to top it all off!

It's a must for any ARPG fan imo

Good hunting!

This patch really improves the game, in the past 4 hours of testing I have noticed:
- No Unresponsive Application on Exit to Desktop
- No problems patching 2.34 to 2.40. (At least for the US patch)
- The Journal is greatly improved
- No significant lag when fighting a lot of characters.

Ascaron did an excellent job on this patch. If you haven't played Sacred 2 because you had a Nvidia Card and found it to run very slowly I highly recommend installing the patch and giving the game another try.

Shaf

How big is the patch? Did they do anything about all the servers being separate?
That was a real killer for me because I bought the Internation version but live in the USA so I could not even play against my brother who lives 10 miles away

Back
Top Bottom