Beamdog - Infinity Games Coming to Console

It's hilarious how Beamdog keeps milking these games on every platform. What happened to those original games they had in development. Canceled or stalled?

I am not disagreeing with your statement about Beamdog.

My thoughts are if I was making a game with the new specs of consoles i wouldn't be caring much about PC games.

After what 30 plus years of owing some sort of gaming PC this will be my last.

First I don't care for 90% of games released any more, second consoles are just great and cheap now. Rather spend the extra money on a bigger TV to play them on as my eyes get older lol.

I think they would like to do an original game but they probably lack the cash and the response to the one 'add-on' they did was not well received which probably makes it even more of a gamble.

If there's a market on PC, and they can make work well on console, then there will be a market there too. And probably fairly decently sized one. I'm curious if they're going to take controller setup examples from a mix of Divinity and Diablo. Or maybe just a lot of pausing?

I know there's a mix of feelings about Beamdog and cashgrab is a word that's often used around here. Which is fine, some points are valid. But they also only affect a vocal minority of people. Regarding consoles, Trent Oster did state in 2013 that they were looking into consoles but it was too complicated for them at the time, and even discussed possibilities with Sony even prior in 2012. So this idea is nothing new. From my perspective, a few things has happened:

- The release of EE games has had an impact on rejuvenating the popularity of isometric RPGs.
- The popularity of the EE releases on mobile shows there's a greater market outside of just PC, and a strong one.
- They've had quite a bit of experience now, working with completely different interfaces and controls, as witnessed by their ability to do a touch interface that works well.
- Working with Skybound means a lot less overhead for them, especially since they have quite a bit of experience already with console.
- They've been calculating the numbers for years. If it was turned down in 2012 and 2013, but it's a go now, that means there's enough fan demand to justify the cost. There's a lot of other BG fans besides the Watch.

Just like @CelticFrost; said, I was a hardcore PC elitist in my much younger days, but the lines are starting to blur now (that could just be my eyesight too, but I still don't wear glasses just yet…), and lately more often, I find myself being able to enjoy a game much more on the couch with a big TV,over a confining PC gaming desk pod.

I'll never trade my PC for a console as far as being my primary gaming platform, but if this gets more gamers interested in these types of game and/or D&D in general, then it looks like a good thing from where I'm sitting.

I'll never trade my PC for a console as far as being my primary gaming platform, but if this gets more gamers interested in these types of game and/or D&D in general, then it looks like a good thing from where I'm sitting.

Exactly I don’t get all the complaining.

Geez since when is having your own opinion considered complaining.:roll:

(Wait I forgot we can only post positive opinions about games according to a few posters.)

As most of them on this thread are just calling out a developer for milking an Ip. When they actually develop something original without another's assets/ games I'll stop.

Look I appreciate them making old games work better on modern PC's but that's it.

(PS: I'm never going to change as yes I'm an asshole sometimes.)

Having met many of these fine folks, and spent time in their studio/work environment, I wish them only the very best. Anyone that thinks they aren't talented though, you're dead wrong. On top of that, they are also some of the nicest people I've ever met, I still get thanked for when I sent them pizza and beer!

Nah the talent is gone guess they couldn't afford to pay them.

I'm not kidding either they signed a few older Bio-Ware veterans, and hyped the internet about how they where in pre-production of a few original games, and went silent.

Now a few years later most of that veteran talent has flown the coop.

Last edited:
Nope but I guess you have a fascination with potato butt.:lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

They are going to milk these cows till the corpses are completely decomposed by the looks of it :-/

Butt hurt? Why be butt hurt? For me, only the original PC versions exist :nod:

They are going to milk these cows till the corpses are completely decomposed by the looks of it :-/

Butt hurt? Why be butt hurt? For me, only the original PC versions exist :nod:
Oh no I believe that will be considered as another complaint.:shh:

Anyway nowadays so many Isometric RPG kickstarters have filled the gap left by BioWare and the infinity engine. Examples include Pillars of Eternity and Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I don't feel the need to spend another $20-30 for the same game again.

Last edited:
Geez since when is having your own opinion considered complaining.:roll:

(Wait I forgot we can only post positive opinions about games according to a few posters.)

As most of them on this thread are just calling out a developer for milking an Ip. When they actually develop something original without another's assets/ games I'll stop.

Look I appreciate them making old games work better on modern PC's but that's it.

(PS: I'm never going to change as yes I'm an asshole sometimes.)

No worries I may not get *all* the complaining but I certainly get yours.

Back
Top Bottom