Fallout 4 - New Vegas Total Conversion Mod Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that some new screenshots have emerged for the Fallout 4 based project New Vegas Total Conversion.

It's been a while since our last look at the Fallout 4: New Vegas mod, right? Well, the team behind it has released three new screenshots, showcasing the Mojave worldspace. While this is still a WIP project, these screenshots will give you an idea of its art direction.

[...]
More information.

Sometimes I feel like people only do these conversion mods because they are bored. Great that someone wants to put time into a mod, but New Vegas isn’t that old, it doesn’t need a facelift.

Sometimes I feel like people only do these conversion mods because they are bored. Great that someone wants to put time into a mod, but New Vegas isn’t that old, it doesn’t need a facelift.

They feel like the ultimate waste of time to me. All of the Elder Scroll ones (Morroblivion and the like) and not one of them has ever been finished. Along comes a new game and they just all switch to the next useless conversion. And as you said, New Vegas is eminently playable as it is.

They'll probably just get a cease and desist order anyways. Remember when modders were doing the exact same thing with FO3? Bethesda doesn't want their games being remastered for free.

Its a fun way to learn game development and maybe get a job in the industry.

Its a fun way to learn game development and maybe get a job in the industry.

That's how I've come to view it. Not as a means to really producing a finished product. Which is fine, of course; people can choose how to spend their time. But I do sometimes with all that effort could be directed into something original and finishable (like the amazing Tamriel Rebuilt project)

They'll probably just get a cease and desist order anyways. Remember when modders were doing the exact same thing with FO3? Bethesda doesn't want their games being remastered for free.

I think where they run afoul of Bethesda is when they use Betheda assets. If they make everything from scratch, they seem to be left alone. I'm pretty sure Skywind, etc are all still ongoing projects.

I think where they run afoul of Bethesda is when they use Betheda assets. If they make everything from scratch, they seem to be left alone. I'm pretty sure Skywind, etc are all still ongoing projects.

Yeah, but that includes the voiceovers, so either there will be no VO or they'll have to record their own which is unlikely.

And as you said, New Vegas is eminently playable as it is.

Speak for yourself. I’ve tried every fix and configuration under the sun on three different computers over the years and still can’t get beyond about the 20 hour mark without the game becoming too unstable to play. What I have played was great and I know it’s held in high esteem so if this conversion gets pulled off I might finally get a full playthrough.

Speak for yourself. I’ve tried every fix and configuration under the sun on three different computers over the years and still can’t get beyond about the 20 hour mark without the game becoming too unstable to play. What I have played was great and I know it’s held in high esteem so if this conversion gets pulled off I might finally get a full playthrough.
Same with me New Vegs always becomes unstable at a certain point. The whole CTD's is well documented and the official fixes do not work with various mod improvements.

I finished it multiple times though but each play-through is like a game of chance.

I am speaking for myself. Obviously.

Kinda besides the point, though, unless you believe that Fallout 4 is a crash-proof rock. It isn't.

Back
Top Bottom