Starfield - Teaser Trailer and Release Date

Yes, I think that initially (long time ago now) they said something like that. It should be about exploration of space, not just planets.

And Howard said it should be huge, right? Whole galaxy or something? Im not sure.

They probably delayed the game because of Star Citizen - to release comparable game in terms of graphics or gameplay etc. They didnt want the idea that Starfield will look clearly inferior. :)

I doubt Bethesda is worried about Star Citizen since that's not even the same genre, (Sim vs RPG). I'm still not convinced that Star Citizen will ever actually get released.

As far as the size, I hope they don't go overboard. The larger the game world the more they're going to rely on procedurally generated content.

Lol, yeah - I really don't think any game is organising its release schedule around Star Citizen.

I doubt Bethesda is worried about Star Citizen since that's not even the same genre, (Sim vs RPG).

I think it would be suprising if Bethesda would not watch Star Citizen at all IMHO. That's what devs usually do. Its not important that the genres are not exactly the same. Both games have a lot in common. They will be different in some areas, its not direct competition but I think that Bethesda wanted to show something that would look "competent" compared to what Star Citizen team released.

As far as the size, I hope they don't go overboard. The larger the game world the more they're going to rely on procedurally generated content.

I agree but its Bethesda. To "go overboard" doesnt exist in their language. :)

I think it would be suprising if Bethesda would not watch Star Citizen at all IMHO. That's what devs usually do. Its not important that the genres are not exactly the same. Both games have a lot in common. They will be different in some areas, its not direct competition but I think that Bethesda wanted to show something that would look "competent" compared to what Star Citizen team released.

Yeah, devs do keep tabs on other dev, especially those working in their genre. Star Citizen, however, is not in their genre. It's also a pyramid scheme, not a game, and probably won't ever be released.

They will have almost nothing in common. Have you played a Bethesda game?

It's also a pyramid scheme, not a game, and probably won't ever be released.
Really? Do you get some reward for selling stuff to other gamers?

That would be disturbing if there was nothing else, but there is a game that we can already download and check, which is being developed further, so it's not a pyramid scheme. We often had referral programs to hire people in companies I've worked for, those were not fake companies, it's just a different way to advertise. And quite usual too.

That would be disturbing if there was nothing else, but there is a game that we can already download and check, which is being developed further, so it's not a pyramid scheme. We often had referral programs to hire people in companies I've worked for, those were not fake companies, it's just a different way to advertise. And quite usual too.

It's not a 1:1 comparison, no. But it's more than just having referrals. Pyramid schemes do have tangible product, for one thing, so the existence of a game doesn't obviate the comparison. It's just that in a pyramid scheme the company makes money by selling the product to its own employees, and employees make money by getting new employees to buy product from them, and on and on.

Star Citizen is its own form of scam. I don't know if there's a name for it, but I know a scam when I see one.

Lol, yeah - I really don't think any game is organising its release schedule around Star Citizen.

@Ripper; Pretty sure Grimoire 2 will beat Star Citizen to production, though Cleve said it may have a longer dev cycle than the original ;)

Back
Top Bottom