Non-RPG General News - Rise of Humanity, EA on Oct 21st

Turn based game with deckbuilding elements. Interesting. I like deckbuilding games in general, from the esoteric ones like Erannorth Reborn to the really fun recent ones, like Monster Train and Roguebook. (Roguebook is just charming.)

I guess I grew up playing cards, though wasn't really into Magic the Gathering or anything like that - just the usual Gin Rummy, Poker, etc. It's just a way to handily introduce an element of randomness (like a dice roll) that comes with handy little cards that can feature both artwork and interesting/fun game mechanics. What's not to like? (Seriously, Roguebook is really charming without being childlike. It's fun.)

And when you just want to relax and not test your reflexes or strategic turn-based demon-saving Pathfinder skillz, deckbuilders can be a blast.

This one seems to be combining turn-based combat and deckbuilding elements in a futuristic setting, if I'm looking at it right. That sounds... possibly interesting. Bad deckbuilding games are as horrible as any other bad game. You need the mechanics, artwork, flow... everything has to work right to make a good card/deckbuilding game.

I'm not sure what you mean :)

I know you don't and that was on purpose. :)

But I believe older members here will get the pun :p

Hint: browse thru the members list, letter 'H'..

Back
Top Bottom