What games are you playing now?

I'm about to start Titan Quest:Immortal Throne. But the manuals, ugh. There's no description of the classes and their abilities in a single tech tree doc. I really resent any game that is so poorly documented. :(

Ah, well it's back to Prey and NWN 2....

Actually, I've been spending the most time with Guitar Hero 5 on the Wii. I'm playing bass and I've managed to work up to medium difficulty so far. Strangely enough, I'm finding that knowing the song and having a basic knowledge of a real bass guitar isn't always a benefit. Still having a good time with it, though. The Wild Dogs do a poor job of staying quiet while I'm playing and take great pleasure in heckling me if I stumble.

Still playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and I'll be eternally grateful for the hint that lead me to this gem of a JRPG. What's not to love about this game? My vampiric wrestler slapped and killed two major demons with a tuna. Then there are gramps and his marionette bumping off undead with their butts...
What a great game :lol: .

I reached the desert in Patapon and unfortunately it made me drop the game for now. It was fun before that but this is like "press the right buttons for 10 minutes".

Also been replaying ME2 on insanity. Got two loyalty missions left to do.

Been plying Bioshock 2 and about half way through. I don't know what to say. It's definitely another take on extreme political ideology but it haven't really surprised me yet. Saving little sisters feels like mmorpg grinding. You know what to do, it's just tedious.

Playing Mass Effect 2. This game is all sorts of awesome.

I didn't like a lot of the design choices and gameplay mechanics when I heard of them, but once I started playing, none of that mattered anymore. If you liked the first ME, play the sequel! Play it now.

Playing Mass Effect 2. This game is all sorts of awesome.

I didn't like a lot of the design choices and gameplay mechanics when I heard of them, but once I started playing, none of that mattered anymore. If you liked the first ME, play the sequel! Play it now.

Just remember never to stop and think too much and you'll never be disappointed ... sort of like the Avatar movie ... ;)

Spent the morning with Final Fantasy 6.

I.m thinking of getting an iPhone of iTouch just to play Sword of Fargoal. Fond memories of playing it on the C64.

Currently playing Din's Curse Beta 0.903, and DeskDungeon (excellent coffee break roguelike).

Shaf

Just remember never to stop and think too much and you'll never be disappointed … sort of like the Avatar movie … ;)

Shhh! Don't ruin it for me! ;) LOL, well, perhaps you are right. I mean, I remember that I really liked ME1, and then when a few weeks passed after finishing the game and all the excitement faded away I kinda thought that it was pretty shallow and not that special. However, I am really enjoying ME2 right now at the time of playing! So the game is good at that, at least. The keyword here is immersion.

I saw Avatar (first movie I've ever watched in 3D) but I managed to retain a critical eye during the movie (well, through most of it, anyway ; wyverns vs. gunships woo-hoo! :biggrin: ) and chances are ME2 will leave a more lasting impression.

Now excuse me, I have some unfinished business with a Collector ship.

Far Cry 2
I grabbed this game to satisfy my graphic needs and to play a decent shooter.Having not played the original Far Cry I didn't know what to expect but from what I've read it's not really similar to the predecessor.
Far Cry 2 is a sand box shooter with everything that you might expect from such a game.Your playing a merc in Africa send to kill some weapons dealer,so far the story has been non existent and I've spent most of my time looking for diamonds to upgrade my weapons,and driving to get to the other end of the map.
The game tries to be realistic and succeeds if you don't mind the constant respawning and a few other details.The game looks good,it's no Crysis,but I guess that it might have been on of the great looking games in 2008.The environment could have been more affected by the players actions and the physics could be better,there is however a unique feature as fire can spread and help you get rid of the enemies.
After completing about 1/4 of the game I can say that after completing your 1st,you've seen them all.
My biggest beef with this game is that it's just not as fun as other shooters.I wouldn't say it's boring like Beth's latest shooter but I'm not having a blast like in most of the shooters I've played,maybe getting better gear will help this but I doubt it.

STALKER- Call of Pripyat- Good so far
Command & Conquer 3- Average
Neverwinter Nights 2- Trying to finish it, keep getting bored.

STALKER- Call of Pripyat- Good so far

Ditto ... I'm liking it as well - nicely running and pre-configured out of the box.

Also playing the new Wii release of Shiren the Wanderer ... not sure I like it as much as the DS version, as it is easier and more jRPG oriented, but still pretty cool.

Command & Conquer 3- Average.

I agree... it's not bad as far as RTS games go, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I started C&C3 immediately after playing through Supreme Commander, and I was turned off by the small scale of the battles in comparison. The maps were also too small for my liking.

Command and Conquer 4 beta i hear is out im going to find more info about that in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom