Arcania - New Trailers

Yeah I also wish they'd shown some gameplay.
Nevertheless that does look good and I'm patient enough - I wouldn't care If they didn't show anything at all until it was released.

Still there's a mean little man inside me that wants this to be noticeably worse than Risen

At Gamescom they showed a character running through an uninhabited world. Now, seven months later, they are showing a character running through an almost uninhabited world. The world might look better, but as far as progress is concerned it is a bit disappointing.

Spellbound/jowood has to do more than this, they have to convince the gamers, they have the Gothic series name to live up to, they must at least equal but preferrably surpass all the gothics or else Arcania may fall by the wayside. I havn't seen anything to set my pulse racing yet, my heart hasn't skipped a beat, no cold sweat palpitations of great expectation, my eager anticipation level meter hasn't even blipped.
Have they got some great game hidden under wraps? - i see no signs yet.
Could this be another Forsaken Gods flop? - i sincerely hope not.
Is there something more that could be shown to convince and reassure us? - i dearly hope so.
Is this really Gothic 4 ? - show us some gameplay and not just some red sky or lightning flashes.
Now is the time for convincing.

Well my guess is as good as any, but i think they're saving the biggest hype for the e3 :)

Gothic? Arcania has nothing to do with Gothic. It's only a device to create a new brand on top of Gothic.

The game should be almost finished by now. Spellbound is looking for new projects, JoWooD talks about the next Arcania game and the game has to pass MS cert. PS3 will come later, it seems.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe that's going to happen.
I've seen some guys at WoG,go figure.

About the videos,they would've been impressive back in 2008.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe that's going to happen.

Yeah, because we all know it would be hard to trump the third game.

Now this is some serious negativity right here. Just because they havent shown real content doesnt mean it doesnt / wont exist. Let them keep working on it. Who cares how long it takes.

@Gorath, Re:- Gothic? Arcania has nothing to do with Gothic

If Arcania is nothing to do with the gothics, i recommend you do some swatting up, check out "The Chronicles" it is all but by name Gothic 4, where NH becomes King Rhobar 3rd in the continuing story.

http://www.arcania-game.com/?lang=en&ID=1839

Enjoy.

That's the tacked on stuff. ;)

Now let's wait for the gameplay. If the leaked retail release list (Gamestop? something like this) is correct, the game should come in early August. This means they have until early June to start cert on the XBox. Which hints that the game should already be in late alpha or even beta.
The majority of the gameplay is probably already mearly finished, and the game is quite close to release. So why don't they show it? An easy guess would be "because they don't expect positive feedback".

The Spellbound founder made one of my favourite games ever (Giana Sisters on C64). I would be glad if they'd really pull it off. I'm not convinced though.

I wouldn't trust a release date from a game store. They are always guessing and never get things right. Chances are, they have a long ways to go (which figures, since they're only showing a guy running through empty lands).

I don't see why anyone should be assuming it will either be shit or great, at this point. It's too early, and we don't have enough info.

We already know that some areas will be "closed" as you proceed into MQ , which is bad , IIRC a developer said that "we are not going to spawn higher level enemies in those areas in the case PC returns" which sounds worst .
It does look interesting but it isn't high on my list , i will definitely hate it if it resembles the Gothics to the slightest .

So, uh, it has landscapes. And weather effects. I am terribly exited.

The game got a new name again:

ArcaniA: Gothic 4

No, it's official.

Lol unbelievable

Back
Top Bottom