Fallout 3 - DLC Info

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
IncGamers have some info on Fallout 3's DLC.
We recently reported that Operation: Anchorage was imminent, but now we know just that little bit more. Basically it's a trip into the history of Fallout 3 and is a counter-offensive training simulation used by the government to stop the Chinese army rising to power again.

The focus of the DLC pack will be on stealth and combat, and having lost all resources, adventurers will have to survive within the simulator’s parameters.

As well as new armour, weapons and tools, there will be a Covert Ops perk as well as new achievements. No trophies as there are still no plans for a PS3 DLC package, so this will only apply to PC and 360 users.
More information.

I really wanted to write something positive regarding this news, but I can't think of anything. Sure, new content is always good, sure lines like this:

Based in “the frozen north” and built from scratch, the art style is “vastly different” to the Fallout 3 experience. In addition to this, Gardiner also states NPCs will “interact better, more convincing” in this new world.

sound very promising. But then memory kicks in: It's Bethsucks company advertisement, and history has proven that Beth employs some of the most brilliant liars in the business.

Sounds like it's basically an instance where you "wake up" without gear, comparable to the Dr. Stanislav Kreiger or what's his name? simulation. So no fine adjustment in regard to the original 'vast open gameworld' necessary.

Improvements on level cap? Nada, instead:

“[T]he plan is currently for the third DLC, Broken Steel, to increase the level cap. This will be accompanied by new foes, perks and all of the other Fallout 3 staples our fans expect.”

the third DLC our fans expect
the third DLC
the third DLC
the third DLC

With the third DLC comes the full product

Pay 3, get -2 free. Beth policy ...

800 Microsoft Points ($10), is the word about at the moment.

10 bucks, huh? If people want to spend that much for a tiny add-on, then more power to them. If it is a really great game then yea I'll spend that much, but for Fallout 3....I don't think so. I've already taken it off my harddrive.

Uhn nice to see that i uninstall it on time, a shooter dlc, gimme a break?
pff after see how simple where the alternative quest and the few number of then and the fps gameplay i just uninstall the game in middle of the main quest there where nothing on the game that drive me to go on, i just go to youtube and see the final there, i do the same with oblivion, weird? never have do this with other games.
________
Gm ultra engine history

Last edited:
Pay 3, get -2 free. Beth policy ...
So why not just buy the 3rd one if it interests you and not the others? That's the great thing about microtransactions - you can put together what you want and ignore the rest. It worked great for Oblivion, where I liked some DLC but not others - beats paying for a whole expansion or game when I don't want all of it :)

4-5 gameplay for 10$ and you're complaining about the size?

Hell if 10$ got me 4-5 hours down by the docks I'd be st(r)oked.

Bethsoft is still selling even oblivion DLCs like hot cakes. Somone in these forums even defended how great there they were. The same will happen to fallout3. Undoubtly there is a large mass of people out there who like to buy DLC instead of complete physical editions.

No way in hell am I paying $10 apiece for them. I'll just wait six months or so until Bethesda undoubtedly releases them all together on 1 CD, like they did with Knights of the Nine.

“No, because of how many folks are still buying ‘Oblivion’ stuff today,” said Hines. “The number of people who bought ‘Oblivion’ content yesterday is just ludicrous. It’s [the] end of September 2008 — that game came out two and a half years ago and people are still buying it by the thousands, ten of thousands. It’s not just one day; it’s every single day for the last two and a half years.

It's neither - I bought Oblivion shortly after it came out. I have a life so my play time is limited. By the time I milked what I could out of the game I bought, I started looking at the addons. I really didn't feel like rebuying Oblivion just for the added stuff. I would buy a piece of DLC at a time - milk it for 20 hours or so and look at the next. Now if the DLC were sold individually on a cd at a physical store I would buy that rather than the digital versions but alas thay are not - short of rebuying the original game.

So that's why I just a month ago purchased even mopre DLC for oblivion and it had nothing to do with me not knowing about the gold editions or prefering digital copies. It's just how some of us operate

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=97997&highlight=oblivion#post97997

There are people who even know that they could get physical cheaper but still they prefer dlc.

Last edited:
I'll just buy them, you know. It's ten bucks. Big effin deal, I'm not gonna stomp around and whine over ten freakin dollars. I spend that on lunch every day

I get surprise kicks in the teeth for thousands w/ dental/car repairs/etx. Another ten bucks here and there that i see coming a mile away is not gonna kill me, it's why i work. To have things i want, in between getting surprise bills

I prefer to wait for the CD compilation, not so much because of price, but because I like to have the physical media as part of my collection.

My main beef is the way Bethesda has staggered the release dates, I'll be finished with FO3 long before most of those are available. Once I finish a game and move on to the next one, I have a hard time going back just to play a single mission. I would much rather have them all installed at once.

January, February, March? Why not release them all at once and let gamers pick and choose?

yeah, that's true, I generally uninstall a game when Ive beat it unless it's an RTS that i want to play random matches against the pc or something.

Back
Top Bottom