Pricewatch!

Impulse apparently has a lot of titles on sale right now.

Drakensang: The River of Time - $14.99
Baldur's Gate + TotSC - $7.49
Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB - $7.49
Icewind Dale Complete & IWD2 -$7.49 each
NWN Diamond - $7.49
King Arthur - $2.99

Thanks to Scav, for making me aware of the sale.

Victoria series sale at Gamer's Gate has piqued my curiosity. 60% to 75% off!

http://www.gamersgate.com/all?q=vic...ce_range=&filter=&list_type=thumbs&aff=ggnews

Dammit! and I just bought it like 3 weeks ago for $20 *grumble* and haven't played it yet. I just love Europa Universalis 3 and Rome Universalis from Paradox so bought this one with blind eyes, I know I won't be disappointed.
EU3 just dethroned Civilization 2/3 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 as my favorite strategy game of all time. Been playing it heavily for over 4 or 5 months already and still salivating over what my next game will be (haven't finished one game yet lol). My first game as Castille, expanded rapidly, too rapidly because of my inexperience, and then couldn't handle the vast empire. Second game as the Ming, started with so many troops! the temptation was too great and started eating all the little kingdoms around me, but my infamy was so great that everybody declared war on me (not a problem) but even my own subjects started rebelling, I was spending more time quelling rebellions than expanding the empire. So I then tried The Golden Horde, didn't last much there, if I was at peace for too long, some crazy general would start its own rebellion saying I was 'too weak'. Then Kazakhstan, was doing well but then since my form of govenment was tribal something, when my leader died, like 50K rebels popped all around the country. By the time I quelled the rebels on the east, the west had been under rebel occupation so long that the western region declared independency LOL. Then started a new game as the Austrians, not nearly as easy as the other ones since it's surrounded by 'allies' so it's not easy to invade anyone (and the 'not allies' are much bigger) so trying a more diplomatic approach, let's see how it goes… It's been a learning and very fun experience so far, and I still haven't tried the supposedly huge and really good mod 'Magna Mundi'

I can't check it from work (as it is the way I am responding is using my cell phone as a WiFi hotspot to my iPad!), but apparently BeamDog has Xenus II for $4.99 ...

"Victoria Series" ? I only know "Victoria's Secret" ... :lol:

Precursors is $7.95 on BeamDog this weekend ... glad I waited a week!

Alpha Protocol is $6 on direct2drive!

There is a "march madness" 20% off coupon at direct2drive for all titles (in Canada, yesterday anyways); I used it on the $6 alpha protocol to bring it under $5 all said and done.

For our German readers : Karstadt in the town of Stuttgart, at the end of the main shopping street, has currently 16 ( ! ) units of the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for 20 Euros each !
( I visited the town during the weekend. )

Well, this isn't exactly Pricewatch … But rather the tale about an mistake I think I did …

I ask Okaysoft, who are known to also import games, whether they would import the game "Gods - Lands Of Infinity -Special Edition".

Now I got a reply that they would do so and that they just added it into their games importing database (I guess they did so just because I asked) - which means they would import and sell it.

But their price ! They charge 40 Euros for that game ! - And they mean the U.S. version (that's the version I had asked for, since this "Spcial Edition" is unavailable here in Germany). You can find it there http://www.okaysoft.de/ under "alphabetisch", and then going to the letter of "G" …

Amazon.com, however lists it for a lower price : http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Lands-In..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1301482912&sr=1-1 In Euro, this price is 15,1503 Eurosm, currently … plus shpping fees and customs … I still wonder if the total sum should really be 40 Euros ??? Or are they trying to exploit me ?

I guess I should rather try importing it from Amazon UK, then :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gods-Lands-...4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1301483711&sr=1-14

Lesson learned : Importing games is a complex matter …

amazon.co.uk is the best import option, IMO. The UK game prices are incredibly low, the shipping is fast and the deliver to a Packstation.

amazon.co.uk is the best import option, IMO. The UK game prices are incredibly low, the shipping is fast and the deliver to a Packstation.
Indeed, they are the best. I don't buy games in my country (unless on sale). It's cheaper to buy from UK. Play.com is also a good alternative.

Thanks. I'll keep this in my mind, for future options.

Yes, sometimes I'd like to smack my head on the nearest wall for my stubbornness, too ... Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom