RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results

I wonder if AoD will be most anticipated game of 2011 as well ;)

I wonder if AoD will be most anticipated game of 2011 as well ;)

Yeah, although I´ve voted for it I don´t actually expect it to be released this year.
Anyway, glad to see AoD won. I wasn´t expecting that either.

Where is Deus Ex 3 on the list? I reckon it could be ready in 2010 since they've been in development since late 2007 and stated that the project would take about 2 years.

Okay so its probbaly delayed somehwat but i still think it could be released by end of this year because that would be 3 years from dev start.

Personally i have a gut feeling Deus Ex 3 could be very good, as they seem to be bending over backwards to match the openness and path freedom of the first game. Im also happy to hear the Deus Ex 3 FAQ emphasise that this will not be a shooter primarily, though the shooting parts will be cool.

Also they say that when you do hacking in Deus Ex it wont be a minigame as such, and you'll be able to look around while doing the hacking to make sure no guards see you. That sounds refreshing.

Keeping my fingers crossed, too many dissapointtments lately.

Since there isn't really much of anything all that real around DX3 in terms of someone coming out and saying 'it will be released XX' it is hard to pin it down.

It is interesting how different the lists are between visitors and editors ...

Especially regarding Venetica. I haven't followed it very closely, admittedly. What makes you guys more exited for this one then for FO:NV or AP, e.g.?

What, no Fable III? ;)

Fable 3 will piss you off, according to Molyneux.

We all know he's not about the hype, so... ;)

I always skipped AoD newsbits so I hardly know anything about it.I guess I should follow it closer now.
The other results are not surprising,I wonder though,which editor voted for ArcaniA?

I'm surprised at the relatively poor showing for Eschalon2. This board seemed to devour Book1, but apparently the excitement has worn off for some of y'all.

The other results are not surprising,I wonder though,which editor voted for ArcaniA?

Our internal voting details are top secret! ;)

I'm surprised at the relatively poor showing for Eschalon2. This board seemed to devour Book1, but apparently the excitement has worn off for some of y'all.

Maybe the community is only able to focus on one indie at a time. This year it was AoD.

Especially regarding Venetica. I haven't followed it very closely, admittedly. What makes you guys more exited for this one then for FO:NV or AP, e.g.?
FO:NV -> Nothing was known about it at the time of the poll except the name and the developer. So it's hard to be excited about it.
AP -> A shooter hybrid. Not easy to get a majority consensus on such a thing. ;)
Venetica -> Released in Germany 6 months ago. Good reviews, and we (or rather I ;) ) received a review copy ages ago. Everything is known about it except the international release dates. It's clear Venetica is relatively similar to Fable, storytelling and characters are good, the setting fresh and the action surprisingly violent (reminded me a bit of Rune). The developers' adventure game roots are still visible, which is a good thing. Negative are the only okay engine performance and a couple of minor issues. Purists will hate this game, the Diablo crowd probably too, despite ca. 70% action.

Drakensang: TRoT won in the end because it's clear it will improve Drakensang significantly. It's the safest bet of them all. All the devs did was create new content, recycle as many assets as possible and scratch one item after the other off the list of improvements filtered out of the Drakensang feedback. A couple of things were skipped because they would have been too expensive, but I guess you can't have everything.

Escalon 2 had real chances to win the internal poll. It was fighting for first place until the very end.

I'm a little surprised by the results, especially the margins.

I think if this poll was done now, the final tally would be a lot different. I'd expect Fallout: NV to be higher.

I also voted for Venetica - for much the same reasons Gorath points out. It might easily be the case that FO:NV turns out to be the best CRPG I play in 2010, but at the time of the poll I knew nothing about it.

Venetica on the other hand; Since I'm able to understand german fairly well I actually played the demo - and it was just a lot of fun! I liked the quests, the setting, the story, the puzzles... Combat was only OK, but maybe it'll improve beyond the demo (supposedly there is a combo-system, but I never got to use that very much in the demo).

I'm also looking forward to Eschalon 2 very much - but you can only vote for one title...

I think if this poll was done now, the final tally would be a lot different. I'd expect Fallout: NV to be higher.

Sure - but then ME 2 would be on the release list and how would THAT have changed the other polls ;)

Wenn das Wörtchen "wenn" nicht wäre ... ;)

…but… where's Grimoire? SteveCleve's gonna finish it and release it someday you know… [EDIT] Dunno why I ALWAYS want to call him steve even though I know it's Cleve... [/EDIT]

Anyways about the only two that I'm interested in ATM is Two Worlds 2, but I'll be waiting to see how it ends up before buying, i.e. did they correct the problems of TW and add enough new things(like a full first person view, as I never did care for 3rd person/isometric for single char RPGs).

Drakensang: River of Time is the one that I really want though, although I hope that they fixed their rendering problems. This game gave my 4850 fits in places with the dreaded atikmdag.dll has stopped working but recovered(game would pause for 1-2m then keep going or just CTD). Only one of two games that had problems, but I suspect that they did something weird with their shaders in a way that ATI drivers didn't like, although I did see a few complaints about nVidia drivers bluescreening too, so…

Fallout from Bethesda… I've just about given up on Bethesda no matter who they have make the game Toddles will still be around to FUBAR things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom