Pricewatch!

Just out of curiousity, did Origin ever change its stance on data-raping customers? There aren't any EA games I'm interested in, so it doesn't really matter to me, but I never did hear what happened with that mess.

Not so far as I know in the US. There is a REASON everyone considers it the absolute worst service ...

I wish our government made the letter from Alrik's link too.
Merkel absolutely rocks!

I wish our government made the letter from Alrik's link too.
Merkel absolutely rocks!

It wasn't the government. It was head organisation of the consumer advice centre(s).

No, everyone hates uPlay. People are mostly indifferent to Origin now except the same crazed haters who still are furious at Steam. Those people will never ever be satisfied though.

Also, they did change the EULA everywhere.

i much prefer uplay to origin myself, primarily due to the later's buginess. though i prefer both to the terrible GFWL. steam is my copilot. and gamersgate has the worst downloading system ever possibly.

also Chivalry is on sale on steam, as well as it being a free weekend to try it out. highly recommend this game if you like sword/spear, etc combat. i love mount and blade but the mechanics of this are superior to that even, though clearly a different game and hard to compare. can be played with bots but you must try out team objective mode as those are a true challenge that is quite rewarding when victory is achieved.

Yes, but it's also NA only.

Where exactly in NA? See... In some parts I wouldn't go even if someone pays me. :)

Yea, according to our local newspapers today (yes, it's printed today, I've took a shot with iPhone and passed to my friends - we were all shocked), Oregon banned the use of cigarettes everywhere except if you get a medical prescription. What's even better, the law applies to all products with nicotin, means you want to use stickers or something to stop smoking, you need the prescription to buy them.

I could never live in that country. Luckily, I don't have to. :)

In fact… I could move there and start a tobacco smuggling business. Selling tobacco on the black market, earning millions, then buying heavy drugs. A paradise! :D

A pic in political (in)correctness thread with crapload of nuclear war weapons titled with "legal" and a box of cigarettes titled with "illegal" is expected soon.

Yea, according to our local newspapers today (yes, it's printed today, I've took a shot with iPhone and passed to my friends - we were all shocked), Oregon banned the use of cigarettes everywhere except if you get a medical prescription. What's even better, the law applies to all products with nicotin, means you want to use stickers or something to stop smoking, you need the prescription to buy them..

Hmm I would think something like that would be major headlines, but I'm not seeing anything on CNN, etc. Are you sure it's not just a proposal?

Okay here's the pic. The "gibberish" lang. is croatian. ;)
aota1i.png

Text from the pic:
Novi zakon u američkoj saveznoj državi Oregon učinio je nemogućim da cigarete kupite bez recepta. Osim cigareta, zakon se odnosi i na nikotinske flastere kao i duhan za žvakanje.

Translation (not googletranslator, but me):
A new law in the U.S. state of Oregon has made it impossible to buy cigarettes without a prescription. Besides cigarettes, the law applies to nicotine patches and also chewing tobacco.

But perhaps you're right and it's just a proposal, our newspapers tend to be too bombastic sometimes, here's an article on msn from 2 days ago:
http://now.msn.com/cigarettes-would-be-illegal-in-oregon-under-proposed-bill

Yea, according to our local newspapers today (yes, it's printed today, I've took a shot with iPhone and passed to my friends - we were all shocked), Oregon banned the use of cigarettes everywhere except if you get a medical prescription. What's even better, the law applies to all products with nicotin, means you want to use stickers or something to stop smoking, you need the prescription to buy them.
Whatever news source you saw is not well-informed. It's a proposed bill: http://www.kptv.com/story/20662618/bill-proposed-in-oregon-would-make-cigarettes-prescription-only-drugs

As an Oregonian, I can say with 99% certainty this law would never pass.

I read a few newspapers (on real paper) daily and usually they're accurate, but in this case obviously they (deliberately?) dropped the detail it's just a proposition. Ah, well… I'll send a massSMS to friends about that detail… Tomorrow. ;)
But my business plan is now ruined! >:O

Anyways back to the ontopic business, Skyrim price on Steam is currently -50%, means you can get it for 25€:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

Yes, DLC is also -50%.

The patch that fixes 99% of bugs however is not on sale as it doesn't exist yet. We'll probably see it when Steam puts -80% on Skyrim price. And maybe not even then. :D

Back
Top Bottom