Memorable game deaths...

Oh, there are so many to choose from. A few of my favorites are:

Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast - I had just started arrived at an Imperial ship and was standing in one of the hangar bays. Up on a platform above me is a lone storm trooper waiting to die. I had just gotten the ability to throw the lightsaber and have it stay at maximum range just spinning until I ran out of force power or recalled it. Now a lightsaber is a dangerous weapon so I had, of course, made sure that it properly represented that danger in the game (i.e. PROPER dismemberment was enabled). So what happened was that I jumped onto the parked shuttle and threw my saber at the storm trooper. The timing, angle and positioning was perfect so the saber reached its maximum position directly below the poor guy and when it did, it did so with the hilt first. The spinning saber then started to recreated the famous "Frog in a Blender" by first slicing off his ancles and then, as gravity took effect, cut through his knees, at groin height (which included hands), the rip cage and elbows, at shoulder height plus the rest of the arms and finally just as I ran out of force power, the last spin severed his head. All of the body parts was neatly arranged in a small pile and I was just utterly awestruck:cool:

Tomb Raider - When constantly botching a series of jumps or running off cliffs or just simply being dissatisfied with miss big tits I sort of ... well ... deliberately "made" her fall from a great height to rejoice in the scream going down and especially the delicate bone crunching sound when she hit the ground lying still in very odd angles all the while gleefully yelling: "That'll teach you to do as I want, you *censored*!!!" ... what?!? Oh, don't tell me you've never punished your characters when they don't do as you want them to :blush:

Severance - Blade of Darkness - Well, the whole severing part is just bloody brilliant (pun intended) - be it yourself and an enemy - it is a sight to behold when body parts are just flying left and right ... I remember the time I learned NOT to use my sword for defense (playing as the Barbarian) because it shattered and I was left with no weapons and was still facing the second of 2 opponents. So I pick up the severed arm of baddie nr. 1 and use it to beat baddie nr. 2 to a bloody pulp. I hadn't played the demo so I was unprepared for it and it was just awesome ... Oh what now? Okay, so I like a bit of blood and gore but I didn't start this thread so blame Jaz if you can't keep your lunch down ;)

Fallout - I feel a certain "pressure" to mention a memorable death that doesn't involve detached body parts or excessive violence so I thought of the time(s) my faithful canine friend would leap into the path of danger and take a bullet for me and how I would cry "No!!! You killed Dogmeat" ... and then I would run up close to the culprit and since I always chose the "Bloody Mess" trait I would rip out the chain gun, use the burst fire mode and watch the bastard being ripped to shreds "RED MIST!!, RED MIST!!!".

There are plenty more but I'm getting tired typing with my nose since I haven't been able to get out of this stupid straight jacket yet ....

I confess I used to enjoy drowning Lara on a couple of occasions. The death animation was gruesome. Twitches and all...

My favourite deaths arent my own. The end scenes in an old game called Supremacy take the cake. Killing the Beholder in EotB 1 with the Wand of Slivias is also entertaining.

EDIT: Like all old players I guess I enjoyed letting Godzilla (or some other disaster) loose on my Metropolis in Sim City. In the surprising death dept I must say that it hurt to be hit by a volcano for the first time in Populous II. My ancient Greeks were reproducing happily, and all of a sudden there is a freaking mountain of fire in middle of their little Elysium:(

Last edited:
Anyone ever died on or in front of the stump the NPC pees on in Gothic 2? That'd make for one hilarious fraps movie to post on YouTube or whatever. You die and some guy comes along and pisses on your corpse...

Back
Top Bottom