InXile Entertainment - Hunted: Demon's Forge Announced

I wouldn't mind a left 4 dead in a fantasy universe :p

Raising the dead here... anyone seen the trailers? Not quite an RPG but it looks pretty awesome and apparently there is a single player mode afterall (a requirement for me anyway)... Looks good in a Blade of Darkness kind of way.

The world looks amazing. There is a new trailer on the main page of gametrailers.com

The only words I want to hear Fargo say is, "We are remaking Wasteland!"

I truly wish there was another game like Blade of Darkness, which in my opinion had the best melee combat system I've ever seen, but I highly doubt anything new will have realistic combat that is similarly deep and challenging. Action games and action-rpgs simply don't try very often at breaking away from simple hack n' slash - especially when a game is concerned about sales and not wanting to turn off the mainstream. Demon's Souls, which in addition to its stellar combat is also a solid rpg, is the only game I've played that reminds me of Blade of Darkness in terms of rewarding, deep melee combat. The Gothic series is pretty solid in that department as well (except for 3, which was a very enjoyable game post-patching but had more of a hack n' slash combat system. Also, I refuse to include 4 as a Gothic game)

Why not put them onto the front page ? I mean the trailers.

The only words I want to hear Fargo say is, "We are remaking Wasteland!"

Well, he bought the rights to it, we've just been waiting forever for him to do something with it. I can't wait until all the kids come out of the woodwork when it's announced to tell us it looks like a Fallout 3 ripoff ( bonus points if it's declaratively stated like there's no such thing as F1 or F2 ).

It'd be too much to hope for it'd be a turn based party game so I'll just hope for a really atmospheric FPS with a PC-centric UI and controls. Hopefully it's a faithful remake and not a confused comedy remake like Bard's Tale was.

The gameplay is supposted to be Gears for War set in fantasyville. Looks like it to me. Not a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom