RPGWatch - Three Years and Counting

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This weekend RPGWatch turned 3. On October 17th 2006 the site went life and marked the start of a new adventure, bringing us to where we are now.
We are doing very well for a niche site as we are. We have a few million page views a month a continuously rising number of visitors and the feedback we are getting is increasing as well.
In the last week or so the team discussed the future of RPGWatch and decided that we want to keep our focus on RPG's and drop the support for online games. As a result we have ended our activities related to MMOWatch and, although the site is still active it will not be updated anymore. We will have to see if we will remove the link to the site all together or just leave it as it is now.
Another thing we discussed is the fact that we need more staff. It would help if we get some assistance in posting news and in creating articles for RPGWatch to make the site even better. An official announcement will follow, but if you feel you can contribute just message us by clicking on the 'Submit news' link at the top of the page.
We have other plans for the site but it is too soon to talk about them as we don't know if and when they can be realized. As you might know we are all volunteers and most of us have a full-time job besides keeping RPGWatch running, so the realization of the new features might take a while, but we hope that some of them will be realized before we turn four.
We want to thank all of you for visiting us so frequently and for your involvement on our forums. Without you our efforts would be meaningless and RPGWatch would be nothing. We hope we can continue to attract your attention and that (in the not too far future) we can enhance the site to make it an even better experience for you.
More information.

Happy Birthday to the Watch!:cake:also huge thanks to the staff and the most active members :party:
2nd most visited site in my Browser and rising.

I wish I could post more often.
:iloveyou:

Congratulations ! :)

All hail to the Forum ! :)

Congratulations. Great site! My favourite.

//I STILL try to log on as lghartveit :-(

I'm new here, but I've been very impressed. You guys have a great site.

From an old Dotter, Happy Birthday! Was it really 3 years ago we all made the swap?
Good luck to all the hard working volunteers who make this site possible - we don't often say thanks but everytime we visit this place we all think it.
Here's to the next three years :party:

Happy birthday - thanks to the staff for all your efforts to keep this site running - RPGdot was and RPGwatch is my first click on the browser every day.

Congratulations RPGWatch!

I was a big reader of RPGDot for years as well. I am not a prolific poster but RPGWatch is one of only 2 websites I visit every day.

Thanks for keeping me up to date with all the RPG news!

3 years already?
I visited rpgdot occasionally, but the watch became my RPG news source #1
congrats guys :)

Me too, Wahwah... well, after RPGdot died and I found out that this place existed. ;)

I'm going to be sorry to see MMOWatch go, though.

Now about expanding RPGWatch to include JRPG games... <evil grin>

I remember those good old times with rpg.dot, sorcerers.net, ironworks and gamebanshee only.
But none of them cover(ed) every rpg like rpgwatch does.

Online games? To hell with those, all are just grinding grounds. Who needs 'em anyway. :)

Happy birthday and keep up the good work.

Woo hoo, thanks for being a great RPG site! :party:

Happy birthday! And thank you all for providing a fine place where us grumpy RPG gamers can come and vent. :p

Congratulations :) to us - eh - I mean - to the site :) on its 3rd birthday.

And a big thank you to the moderators and the staff who, voluntarily, work on making this making this site as good as it is. Thank you for all your hard work during these three years. Much appriciated :)

I visit this site nearly every day; this is a very nice community, I agree and very good site to visit if you want to find out the info an any upcoming rpgs.

I can certainly understand the decision to focus solely on RPGs, and not MMO's anymore, but does this not mean that this site won't be following say Bioware's upcoming MMO-RPG, SW:TOR?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom