RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013: Most Promising RPG in 2014

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After the announcement of the results for the vote of Best RPG in 2013, we now have the results of the votes for most promising RPG scheduled to be released in 2014. Be surprised, stunned, in acceptance or whatever with the results by heading to them.

More information.

There's no accounting for taste. These results (coupled with the award for the best of 2013) are very disappointing. Oh well, back to represent the minority, I guess.

I don't see how other opinions can be disappointing, personally - but it's certainly a surprise that Baldur's Gate 1.5 is more appealing than The Witcher 3.

To each his own, though ;)

Only thing I am surprised about is Dragon age 3 is on list.Top 3 are expected Obsidian CD Project red and Larian have strong fan base here (myself included).

popolano, dissapointing results and no taste?

I guess for some it's like that. All I know that all 3 games I voted for are in top 3, although not in the same order (TW3 was my #1). :D

That aside, the text cover is more important. Seems we just can't wait to play kickstarted games. Does that mean big publishers don't know what we really want to play?

Seems we just can't wait to play kickstarted games. Does that mean big publishers don't know what we really want to play?
I think that's biased insofar as backers feel more involved in a game, making it their "own game". And of course you want to play your game as it MUST be good.

I don't see how other opinions can be disappointing, personally - but it's certainly a surprise that Baldur's Gate 1.5 is more appealing than The Witcher 3.

To each his own, though ;)

Hell yeah. Witcher 3 wasn't even on my top three. Didn't enjoy #1 and haven't played #2. If PoE turns out to be the "Baldurs Gate" I hoped Dragon Age would be but wasn't, I'll be one happy puppy.

Hell yeah. Witcher 3 wasn't even on my top three. Didn't enjoy #1 and haven't played #2. If PoE turns out to be the "Baldurs Gate" I hoped Dragon Age would be but wasn't, I'll be one happy puppy.

who's this guy? he took the words out of my fingers! well, copy paste what he said and that's what I would have said :)

I am neither surprised nor stunned, and I have no idea why anyone would be, it seems like a perfectly logical list.

I would exchange Wasteland 2 with the Witcher 3, but it's a good list.

This was pretty much expected. Several games that truly have a lot of potential there, so it should be a very good year. :)

Yep and MM X and Blackguards are down, because they are not "promising" anymore, because most fans played them already.

Pillars was my number 2 (And DivOS #3), but…. Dark Souls 2 is a no show?

Filthy casuals!

Forgive me, at the time of voting I knew not what I had done.:lol:

Revised list:

1. DS2
2. TW3
3. D:OS

POE has dropped a bit for me mainly for some class desicions that I don't like, especially the monk. Making him a damage sponge so he can use his abilities is baffling to me. I've always played them as a character that strikes quick and evades.

Interesting.
#1 was my number 1, #3 was my number 2 and #2 was tied for my number 3 (I voted for DAI because I knew almost nobody would :p).

Pillars was my number 2 (And DivOS #3), but…. Dark Souls 2 is a no show?

Filthy casuals!

Most people here are PC players and Dark Souls had a crappy port...

To even have a list with Wasteland 2 and M&MX on it makes 2014 a winner in my book. It feels like it is 1988 again and I am playing the games I grew up loving. Now just to figure out how to buy beer for after prom again :)

Most people here are PC players and Dark Souls had a crappy port…
Wrote then deleted that I almost never heard of that game (and for some reason I do think I've said it already).
What I do remember is that someone somewhere said that there is a hack that corrects lousiness of that game. If that is true, realistically, Dark Souls 2 can hardly be most promising game to anyone. Instead of a game, a hack for it should be an eagerly waited excitment.

Back
Top Bottom