• Already pre-ordered it!

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Get it immediately upon release

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Decide after read some reviews first

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Buy it after it is in the discount bin

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I will never ever even touch it with 10-foots pole!

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
System shock was ultima underworld with guns but I dont think I ever called it as such. As for fallout3 the oblivion referation is totally wrong - real nickname should be Elder Scrolls With Guns.

actually i wasnt thinking of any of those.

Nice - thanks for doing your part to make sure that the next series of RPG's come out for X360, PS3, and *not* PC.

I loved Fallout 1 & 2, but this looks completely different. I get a little lost when speed of reflexes is the main requirement of the game. I hope this isn't just another fps for kids! :fingerscrossed:

I reckon I will. Enough of the reviews have had a few . . . narrative type experiences from their playthroughs mentioned that it sounds like I might enjoy it. Even if only in a "this is great! Actually maybe not that great. In fact I really hate that. Why am I still playing this? I should stop playing this. Actually this sucks, to the internet to register my discontent!" ephemeral kind of way.

Nice - thanks for doing your part to make sure that the next series of RPG's come out for X360, PS3, and *not* PC.

yeah well, if someone starts making good games again, im all for buying ..
if i'd bought all the games i've tried and uninstalled after 10min, i'd be one unhappy camper. especially now, since over hyping your own product and buying reviews seems to be the industry standard..

yeah well, if someone starts making good games again, im all for buying ..
if i'd bought all the games i've tried and uninstalled after 10min, i'd be one unhappy camper. especially now, since over hyping your own product and buying reviews seems to be the industry standard..

Don't you realize that you are playing 'chicken and egg'? Why do so many PC devs cite as the primary reason to focus on consoles? Heavy PC piracy.

Don't you realize that you are playing 'chicken and egg'? Why do so many PC devs cite as the primary reason to focus on consoles? Heavy PC piracy.

i find that is a poor excuse used by those who only make all eye-candy and no gameplay games. recent articles also states that the claims of those companies are vastly overstated. every downloaded pirate copy wouldnt really result in a purchase if piracy wasnt there.

Not to tell other people what to do, but I was interestedly reading people's opinions on Fallout 3: does this really have to turn into another piracy debate thread?

The poll shows people have widely different opinions on Fallout 3. I predict that upon release reviews score would be considerable lower among the hardcore fallout fan sites.

It's shame the game won't get the modding tools, i'm sure hardcore fans could make some very nice mods.

Not to tell other people what to do, but I was interestedly reading people's opinions on Fallout 3: does this really have to turn into another piracy debate thread?

Awww, come on -- I'm sure we'll all find a way to agree about it *this* time.

Nope, not buying, Oblivion was such a huge disappointment after Morrowind. This is my personal revenge; I will not buy it even if it proves to be a good game.

Nope, not buying, Oblivion was such a huge disappointment after Morrowind. This is my personal revenge; I will not buy it even if it proves to be a good game.

Let me get this straight:

Bethsoft produces a crappy game (Oblivion). You buy it.
Bethsoft produces a good game (hypothetical, Fallout 3). You don't buy it.

How will this encourage them, or anyone else, to produce good rather than crappy games?

Let me get this straight:

Bethsoft produces a crappy game (Oblivion). You buy it.
Bethsoft produces a good game (hypothetical, Fallout 3). You don't buy it.

How will this encourage them, or anyone else, to produce good rather than crappy games?

You know, you almost make it sound like my decision would really make the difference. But the purpose of this is just to make me marginally happier for a moment, not them. Also, if I'm playing 10 year old RPG's at home, it doesn't mean that they will start imitating oldies to get me as their client.

And wouldn't my decision to buy the game give a signal that no matter what they produce, I will always buy it? The "consequential" signalling went wrong the moment I pre-ordered Oblivion and it cannot be changed anymore.

On the other hand, I don't see Bethesda as the savior of PC role-playing games, even if they do have the resources to save the scene.

With an attitude like that, good luck getting Bethesda to sit, speak or roll over.

The poll shows people have widely different opinions on Fallout 3. I predict that upon release reviews score would be considerable lower among the hardcore fallout fan sites.

I don't think there will be a lot of "hardcore Fallout fan sites" reviewing it. That said, predicting a lower score is nothing but sensible since such sites will probably judge it based primarily on its state as a Fallout sequel, not just its quality as a standalon game.

It's shame the game won't get the modding tools, i'm sure hardcore fans could make some very nice mods.

Eh. I expect modding tools at some point.

With an attitude like that, good luck getting Bethesda to sit, speak or roll over.

(in case this was an answer to me)
I don't think they even know I exist; even if they did, they wouldn't care no matter how loud I yell. Because I am not in their target audience.

(in case this was an answer to me)....
Actually, that was a feeble attempt at humor.

What I was alluding to is that I think Bethesda is perfectly able to guage its customer's opinions without having it spoon-fed to them. The idea that customers should, somehow, need to worry about the signals they send is a little silly, IMO. If you feel like taking revenge on Bethesda by refusing to buy its next game, then I think that's enough.

Back
Top Bottom