Divinity 2 - Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Worthplaying has added 16 hopefully new screenshots to their gallery for Divinity 2. Most are exterior shots but there are a few that show some interface detail as well as an NPC or two. You can view them here.
More information.

The screens do look amazing. What a pitty, my 3 year old gig won't be able to run it I think.
But the quickmapping doesn't looks like it is finished yet? the grey part?
and isn't that sword on the next screen just HUGE
But the screens do look good :)

The screens do look amazing.
They do? It doesn't look any different to the Oblivion/Gothic 3/NWN2 era of games to me. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, and it means it's likely a 3 year old rig can play them fine, but I want to see what the next generation of pretty looks like!

I haven't played any of these 3 games, so to me they look amazing, too. ;)

They do? It doesn't look any different to the Oblivion/Gothic 3/NWN2 era of games to me. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, and it means it's likely a 3 year old rig can play them fine, but I want to see what the next generation of pretty looks like!

Then you need to wait for the next generation of consoles to come out. Multiplatform games have pretty much maxed out on graphics by now since the graphics units of the X360 and PS3 just can't handle anymore than current gen graphics.

So unless the developers spend extra time and money on pimping the PC versions of their games, we're not going to see much better graphics on the PC until the next gen of consoles arrives.

Since it's going to be another two years or so until that happens we will only be seeing marginal visual improvements for the next couple of years.
Maybe there'll be a few PC exclusive titles that will stand out graphically in the meantime (like Crysis) but I wouldn't really know of a single one in development right now.

Then you need to wait for the next generation of consoles to come out. Multiplatform games have pretty much maxed out on graphics by now since the graphics units of the X360 and PS3 just can't handle anymore than current gen graphics.

So unless the developers spend extra time and money on pimping the PC versions of their games, we're not going to see much better graphics on the PC until the next gen of consoles arrives.

Since it's going to be another two years or so until that happens we will only be seeing marginal visual improvements for the next couple of years.
Maybe there'll be a few PC exclusive titles that will stand out graphically in the meantime (like Crysis) but I wouldn't really know of a single one in development right now.
You're quite right - unless the devs can come up with a scalable engine that allows bells and whistles on the PC version for no significant extra developer/QA time then we'll have to wait. There isn't enough of a paying market for PC exclusive titles unless you talk about MMOs or casual games, or blizzard :p.

I hear that!

I think the screens look fantastic, i like nice 2d or 3d graphics but I dont really demand state of the art. Does this look good? Looks great from where im sittin

As long as it isnt Spiderweb style graphics or something of that nature, I'm down w/ it!

I must say I'm surprised. Last time I saw screenshots from this game I thought it looked very cartoonish kinda like a Zelda game. The game is definitely back on my list.

The interface doesn't look very immersive, though. I would hope it's a placeholder.

The interface itself is still in development and will be "fixed"during the next time.

Screenshots aren't very exciting, but then again, the first game took a while to appreciate too. I'm just glad that the game isn't vaporware and it's coming along nicely.

I don't know of one in development either. Crysis was basically the swan song of high end PC development.

Back
Top Bottom