Diablo 3 - Deep in Hell with Leonard Boyarsky

Yes but when talking about story (especially good story) in a computer roleplaying game its fair to say that the story in question is mostly told in the form of dialogue. Its silly to call that ignorance.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I said it was ignorant to claim that there is no story in Diablo 2. But not general ignorance, as I specifically said ignorance of the game.

Let me correct it then by saying there is no good story in it - in terms of what story is usually defined as, in a computer roleplaying game. Thats the thing I was referring to anyways.

Thank you, it's much easier to accept that you don't think it's good.

If you dont want to understand the point of the argument then please stop arguing about it - othervice you are just wasting our time.

I have no preference in that regard.

If you feel you've wasted your time I can only recommend that you make sensible statements in the future, instead of contradicting objective reality.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

If you feel you've wasted your time I can only recommend that you make sensible statements in the future, instead of contradicting objective reality.

If you dont understand what Im talking about then read again my first post to you in this argument:
Whether you like it or not I have played "the game" and have seen the "non-existing" story. Sorry but handful of monologues does not story make in a roleplaying game imho.
I think I was pretty clear with that post. I didnt even say that there is no story - I just said its "non-existant".

Last edited:
To me, the objective reality is that
Gah! You can't have 'objective' and 'to me' - they're mutually exclusive :p

In any case, I've personally given up on trying to clearly define what a computer roleplaying game is, and what features must be present.
Yup, same here.

Diablo is pretty much defined as the definition of roleplaying game.
By who? It's the best selling game in the CRPG genre, but that doesn't make it the definition of the genre, in fact many people argue it sells so well for the very reason that it's not typical of the genre.

Yes but when talking about story (especially good story) in a computer roleplaying game its fair to say that the story in question is mostly told in the form of dialogue.
I'm not sure I agree with that to be honest.

Let me correct it then by saying there is no good story in it - in terms of what story is usually defined as in a computer roleplaying game. Thats the thing I was referring to anyways.
Ok, if you think that in your opinion what your own definition of a story is isn't good then that's fine :)

I think I was pretty clear with that post. I didnt even say that there is no story - I just said its "non-existant".
gahx2! Non-existent means it doesn't exit.. ie there is no story. :p

gahx2! Non-existent means it doesn't exit.. ie there is no story. :p
Did you notice/understand the use of quatition marks around the word? It was "non-existant" not non-existant meaning its almost but not totally.
Ok, if you think that in your opinion what your own definition of a story is isn't good then that's fine :)

Thank you for that - thats what I told in the first of this argument allready: :rolleyes:
handful of monologues does not story make in a roleplaying game imho
Imho means "In My Humble Opinnion".

The point I tried to make with that statement was that it might not be good to advertise that roleplaying game has a good story if its only a monologue. Someone who is looking for a good story to roleplay might waste his money.

Last edited:
Yes, I didn't have a problem with that. But when you start talking about what is usually the case or someone else talks about objective vs subjective I just need it clarified :)

Gah! You can't have 'objective' and 'to me' - they're mutually exclusive

Of course you can, otherwise we couldn't speak about it. Objective reality persists even if I refer to my subjective perception of it :)

Could you please calm down, you both ?

Or even better, leave this thread for a few days and breath fresh air instead ?

Back
Top Bottom