Fallout 3 - Better Than You Think

Thank you both, @JDR13; and @Couchpotato;, for the provided links

Like many others here I enjoyed the early game and the feeling when leaving the vault for the first time was stellar, I remember feeling the same way when I left the first prison in Oblivion. Just like with Oblivion that feeling faded pretty quickly though, although I did finish both games. I tend to do that even if I just push through it the last 20 hours or so…

New Vegas never felt that way, I enjoyed myself pretty much all the way through, bugs and all.

Last edited:
I liked FO3. Been trying but haven't been able to get into FONV.

Man, to me it is hard to imagine two games that approach almost the same subject matter but are so completely different, those being Fallout three and New Vegas. I found both far superior to Fallout four.

Fallout 3 was a very immersive experience. Sure, the world felt like the bombs had fallen last week instead of three hundred years ago but you could handwave that because you were enjoying the post-apoc. I enjoyed it and moved on.

Without Fallout 3 we would never have had New Vegas. One of the few games I reloaded a save years later only to dump another 40 hours into it without noticing.

Ok, the obligatory "New Vegas is better" comment from me, but FO3 was my first Fallout game, and it got me hooked. Somehow I've been gaming since a Texas Instruments TI-994/A but missed the first 2 (er… 2 & 1/2).

FO3 was a lot of fun but the supercomputer puppetmaster story line really made me disappointed by the end. Oh, *spoiler*

Chaos, you should really give the first two Fallouts a shot sometime. If you truly enjoyed the third one, I believe the prior games would also hook you, each in their own way.

Your spoiler tag at the end of your post made me laugh, thanks for that one!

- seeing Seyda Neen for the first time in Morrowind.

Seyda Neen. Hell, that was quite an amazing experience. Strange having such fond memories for a virtual space.

Game was really awful in all major aspects: gameplay, story/writing, world and exploration and mechanics. Still better than Oblivion, damn that was bland.
What it did have over F4 is couple of memorable moments ( nuke Megaton, exit from Vault, SOS message, etc.)
And best part was Zeta DLC. Stuck on alien space ship blowing of heads of bazillion aliens that keep throwing themselves at you, with high pitch Japanese sounding curses. How do you something so cool, turn out so terrible at same time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2zPoVL1TA
But somehow entertaining? You really need to be drunk to truly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom