Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Dead Island - Coming September
View Single Post

August 14th, 2011, 08:29
Yeah, I know what you mean about the "special attack" zombies. They were a pretty big disappointment to me, too, but it wasn't enough to overcome the zombie fetish. The regular shamblers are so much better, and I even liked the hard-charging runners. Despite my zombie fetish, I couldn't be bothered with Left 4 Dead. Also disappointing for me were the workbenches in Dead Island to make the sillier weapons, like a baseball bat with a circular saw on the end. A bat with nails I can live with, but I wish they had stuck to the idea of picking up random items, like cinder blocks and oars, which I guess you can still do.

The endless pandering to console kiddies is really getting on my nerves these days. Those damn kids better stay off my lawn, too, or I swear I'll turn the hose on them…

And, yes, that trailer is quite possibly the best game trailer I've seen. For those who might have missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialZcLaI17Y

These guys have some style, anyway. Hope it comes through in the game. That's what I dug about Troika. They always brought the style. Not to say these guys are Troika, but how I miss Troika. But I digress…

Cheers, folks. And please, for all our sakes, don't let your daughters be bitten by zombies…

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)