Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I never heard of this game before, it seems to be interesting. Wishlisted and following it on Steam, because I want to keep an eye on it.

Note: Some may compare it to The Outer Worlds, but this doesn't pose a problem for me.
That's the draw of the game it's inspired by Mass Effect and The Outer Worlds. Though I would lower my expectations as it's a smaller developer working on a budget.:)

Though I would lower my expectations as it's a smaller developer working on a budget.:)

Of course, of course!
The game is being made by a sole developer and the work, up until now, is pretty good indeed. Obviously things, in the end, may go wrong and all (I hope not) but there's potential in it. This is a game that, if I were a video game publisher, I would bet my chips. Still, we need to be patient :)

Alpha Protocol 10 Years Later

A Witcher's Adventure for Skyrim Mod- here and here.

Bethesda teases 'the future' of The Elder Scrolls - PCGamer
On December 31, the cusp of the new year, Bethesda tweeted a cryptic message over the official Elder Scrolls Twitter account: "Transcribe the past and map the future. Here's to a Happy New Year!" On the surface it had the ring of a fairly standard year-end message, but the bit about transcription and mapping - and the presence of a map - has fans wondering if there's more to it than meets the eye.
Beyond Mankind - Our characters look so real
We all know this is the last month of the year and before this 2020 ends, we want to show you our biggest achievement. What if we show you how the characters were before and how they look now?
Diablo III - The Darkening of Tristram Event Live
Diablo's anniversary is right around the corner, along with the Darkening of Tristram event! Whether you're a series veteran craving nostalgia, or a newcomer hungry for your first taste of the franchise's past, this annual loving homage to the earliest days of Diablo is for you.

Last edited:
10 years later, did it become a lesser checkpoints horror?
No?
No buy.

I still play Alpha Protocol ten years later. Anyway it's a critique of the game.

Harvey Smith Interview - Vandal
Harvey Smith, director of Arkane Austin , and designer of two such legendary games as Deus Ex and Dishonored , looks tired, like almost everyone . The nine-month pandemic takes its toll on body language and expression of exhaustion. He misses, he says, going out to eat with co-workers, going to exercise, entertaining friends at home "when you can do it, you don't realize how special it is and then something like this confinement comes along and then you realize how good your life was and that now you no longer have it. "
InXile Appears to Be Making an FPS RPG - IGN
Wasteland 3 developer InXile Entertainment appears to be working on an FPS RPG, according to new job listings. Spotted by Twisted Voxel, the studio's open positions such as Lead Gameplay Engineer mention that applicants will be working on InXile's "next-generation action role-playing game", implementing "new first-person shooter gameplay features". The Senior Gameplay Designer position talks about the creation of "powerful, tactile first-person weapons and unique combat abilities that draw the player right into the middle of the action", all but confirming that Inxile's project will be an first-person shooter RPG similar to the likes of Cyberpunk 2077 or Deus Ex.
10 RPGs With The Most Romance Options -GameRant
For some players romance is an integral part of any RPG experience. In the midst of saving the world, grinding out enemies, chasing down better gear, and leveling up some players feel the need to find that special someone for their characters.

Many of the more modern RPGs have embraced romance and given players a number of NPCs for their characters to woo. Here are some RPGs that have the most options when it comes to courtship and casual flings.
Dishonored co-creator Harvey Smith is working on a new project - PCGamer
Smith mentioned he'd returned to Arkane Austin after a four-year stint with Arkane Lyon for Dishonored 2. When asked if that meant he wasn't working on upcoming release Deathloop, Smith said he wasn't, but was instead "on something else, working with the guys who made Dishonored and Prey."

Last edited:
Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms -Development Update #3
Alaloth has a very complex combat system which is a key part of its gameplay, so the combat animations had to be both functional and impressive. We chose Alaloth’s fighting styles and their animation after a long period of study and comparison together with our tech-animation department and designers. We wanted Alaloth’s combat system to be as spectacular as possible. The system we settled on allows you to choose from and improve 5 different fighting styles, all with their own unique animations—one-handed, one-handed + shield, two-handed, dual wielding, and polearms.

After 12 years Tortured Hearts is Finished - Games Forum
As you may guess, after 12+ years of working by one person, Zoltán Gonda, Tortured Hearts is done.

Currently, we are looking for means of distribution but it may take some time.

A free demo is available soon.

I've started to work on my old love child, Newcomer Gold, which is the PC remake of the C64 game, Newcomer.
https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Newcomer

Check out this fb page and contribute please. Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/newcomer.gold
GRAVEN - Dev Blog #3 - The GRAVEN Look
Hello guys, this is Bebeto, art director for GRAVEN. Let me take you through the process of creating the visual identity for GRAVEN. For this, I'll stick mostly with the environments that were seen in the demo.

Last edited:
Fixed we need an easier way to embed links.:)

BioWare Reveals New Dragon Age Art That Might Just Be a Companion - GameRant

ErLYmryVkAMKZgR

RA Salvatore's Involvement in Dark Alliance is Huge - GameRant
It's unclear for now when DnD: Dark Alliance will release. The game was originally going to premiere in fall of 2020, but was pushed back to 2021. Tuque Games hasn't had much to say about the game recently, so players are left wondering when Drizzt's next adventure will arrive. In a year defined in large part by game delays, it wasn't surprising, but that doesn't mean fans want to wait forever. DnD players and RPG fans in general are always looking forward to their next adventure. Considering how well Dungeons and Dragons is doing in the last few years, odds are good that this game will attract a lot of players.

GRAVEN -The Cruxfirth Archives Music!

The Elder Scrolls Mapping the Series Future - Eurogamer
The official The Elder Scrolls Twitter account has tweeted something.

Is it a tease? Is it a clue? Is it a reference to another mobile game and/or Elder Scrolls Online expansion? Who can really say. Anybody who tells you they know for sure is probably lying, but that doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun going down the rabbit hole, does it?

And we certainly wouldn't be the only ones, because what a rabbit hole this one's turned out to be. Let's start at the beginning. The tweet in question is this, posted at 4pm on New Year's Eve.
Stellar Tactics - Weapon special attacks, support skills and more
Hi all - I am happy to release the latest content patch for Stellar Tactics today. There are a lot of changes in this build so please read the patch notes below. I'll be monitoring the bug forums closely over the next few days and patching out any issues you might find. While I've done a lot of testing on this build, as you know, things happen. I hope you enjoy the changes.

I expect I'll be spending a week or two tweaking a few things with the special attacks, addressing issues (if any), and clearing a backlog of small issues that need to be looked into.

What's next? Sometime in the next week, I'll post an update covering what you can expect going forward. There are a lot of changes coming to Stellar Tactics and I'm really excited to be at a point where I'll be implementing new story content, expanding the mission system, polishing various rough edges, adding psionics, and more.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Proves the Franchise's Greatest Strength -GameRant
Character investment is a good thing for a series that plans to stick around for a while, especially Yakuza. If the Yakuza series is going to continue moving in the JRPG direction with games similar to Like a Dragon, then Ichiban Kasuga is the perfect protagonist to do so. Kiryu's character arc throughout the last six Yakuza games was a key aspect that kept players coming back after all this time. And yet, for a completely new style of Yakuza game with a new protagonist, fans took to Ichiban's personality quickly. If Ichiban Kasuga will be sticking around for the next few entries like before, it'll be hard to find very many Yakuza fans complaining.
5 Burning Questions We Still Have About Dragon Age 4 -GameRant
The release of Dragon Age 4 is still pretty much as up in the air as it can be, and in the meantime, fans are brimming with questions about the future of the franchise. The developer of Dragon Age is skilled at leaving plot hooks hanging for fans to grab onto, and right now, the number of hooks out there are plentiful. Fans have a ton of questions, but having narrowed it down to five burning questions, here's a couple of things that will hopefully be answered in Dragon Age 4.
10 Story-Heavy Games To Play If You Love The Witcher Trilogy - GameRant
When one talks about some of the best and most iconic video game franchises of all time, then it goes without saying that The Witcher series would definitely be an integral part of this conversation. While a large credit for this recognition definitely goes to The Witcher 3 and its immense success, one can't simply write off the first two games. They're also excellent titles in their own right and the perfect fit for people who want to experience one of the biggest strengths of the franchise — the story.

The Witcher series is absolutely dripping in amazing stories — whether main or optional — that end up adding a ton of flavor to one's experience and allows them to enjoy a stellar narrative that keeps them hooked at every step of their journey. In fact, this narrative will be so incredible that most people would be pining for an experience along the same lines after they're finished with this trilogy of story-driven RPGs. So, for the people who wish to play more games with excellent stories, here are ten titles that will definitely scratch that itch.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon - The Best Story of 2020

Yakuza: Like A Dragon takes the wacky, intense series in a new direction with JRPG-style combat and a new protagonist, but retains the series' small-but-dense open world maps and incredible storytelling. But is it worth your time?
Fallout 76 Update - Happy New Year
Welcome back! With the holiday season squarely in our rearview mirror, we’re looking ahead to what’s in store for Fallout 76 in 2021. The fun will begin with some inventory quality-of-life improvements at the end of this month, and we’re kicking off a new phase of Public Test Server (PTS) playtesting so that you can check them out early. We’re also sharing details on this weekend’s upcoming Double S.C.O.R.E. event, and a reminder about our weekly Fallout 76 community streams..
Biomutant Q1 2021 Release Probable - PC Gamer
Of course, if THQ Nordic are to be believed, Biomutant will be in our Steam libraries before the end of March. The publisher's 2020 annual report namedrops Biomutant as one of its tentpole games for the coming financial year, which turns over on March 31. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Nordic CEO Klemens Kreuzer called Biomutant ""a release of great importance" for the publisher, with plans to release it this quarter.

Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas - Community Q&A

Nox Archaist Update - Release News, Shipping Update, Steam and More
It's been quite a ride since game release on December 12. Including the Kickstarter, we've sold over 1200 copies of Nox Archaist, which must count as some sort of record for a 40-year old computer platform. We've seen tweets by Steve Wozniak, Richard Garriott, Robert Woodhead, Burger Becky, Jason Scott, Matt Barton, and many others. There's cool merchandise in our store, and Nox is coming to Steam. Most importantly, we've got great news on the ship date.
One Change to The Elder Scrolls 6's Character Creation - GameRant
One upcoming RPG that ought to have a masterful character creator is The Elder Scrolls 6. Bethesda's fans have been clamoring for the studio to continue its line of fantasy RPGs for many years, and although the game is probably really far away, Bethesda revealed that it's in development back in 2018. Since Elder Scrolls games always open with the player making their own adventurer, The Elder Scrolls 6 surely will too. It seems like, given the direction character customization has gone in recent history, Bethesda will probably try to improve character creation in one key area: inclusivity. The Elder Scrolls 6 has a chance to stand out as a game that's sensitive to player's wishes to be well represented.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Has One Clear Choice - GameRant
The confirmation of the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition back in November confirmed years of rumors that BioWare would be remastering the original trilogy. Obviously, such an announcement has many fans excited to get back on the deck of the Normandy and visiting their favorite stores on the Citadel. It will also give players a chance to re-experience some of the most difficult decisions in BioWare RPGs to date.

There is one major decision, however, which now has an option which makes far more sense to choose than it did when the original Mass Effect trilogy finished back in 2012. Even players who chose differently the first time will likely find themselves giving this decision a second look in the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition in light of the recent news.
More Final Fantasy games are arriving on Xbox Game Pass in 2021 - PCGamer
Back at X019, Microsoft announced that they would be adding ten Final Fantasy games to its Xbox Game Pass in 2020. Well, fast-forward to 2021 and we're still yet to see six of the promised games.

Now, a Microsoft spokesperson has told TrueAchievements that they still plan on releasing the missing Final Fantasy games to Game Pass some time in 2021. "As we announced at X019, we are excited to bring the Final Fantasy franchise to gamers with Xbox Game Pass.
Elden Ring Is the Best Game We've Never Played - Escapist magazine
Yes, it's satire. This week on The Escapist Show, Nick and Jack discuss the games they have been playing and get very hyped for Elden Ring.

The Baldur's Gate franchise - A history of its development (PART ONE)

The Baldur's Gate franchise - A history of its development (PART TWO)

This two part series will detail the history and development of the Baldur's Gate franchise, all the way from the first to the third. This first video starts off with the first two games.

Ultima Underworld-inspired Monomyth is coming to Kickstarter

A short update on what's been happening with the development of Monomyth.
Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms Development Update - Animations
Alaloth has a very complex combat system which is a key part of its gameplay, so the combat animations had to be both functional and impressive. We chose Alaloth’s fighting styles and their animation after a long period of study and comparison together with our tech-animation department and designers. We wanted Alaloth’s combat system to be as spectacular as possible. The system we settled on allows you to choose from and improve 5 different fighting styles, all with their own unique animations—one-handed, one-handed + shield, two-handed, dual wielding, and polearms.
Grim Dawn Grim Misadventure #175 - A Look Back at 2020
A Happy New Year and a Grim Misadventure for you! Grim Dawn is going to be five years old this year, how surreal is that?

To say that 2020 was a weird year would be an understatement. For many, it was a devastating period filled with hardships as the human race endures a once a century pandemic. We hope that Grim Dawn could bring you some solace in trying times, a small bright spot in a dark year.

Let us take a moment to reflect upon how Grim Dawn grew over the last year. In 2020, Grim Dawn had a total of 8 patches, three of which were major content and feature updates. New options to farm loot were introduced alongside dozens of new items. Hundreds of balance changes gave rise to new viable playstyles and gave old ones a chance to shine again.

Back
Top Bottom