Space Rangers HD - Interview @ Play Scifi

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's an interview with Sergey Gerasev from 1C at Play Scifi to talk about the Space Rangers 2 HD project:
PSF: Sounds promising. What sort of new content can we expect in A War Apart? More of the same?
Sergey Gerasev: As I have mentioned above A War Apart is a new side scenario. In addition to war with the Dominators one of the pirate clans starts its war against the Coalition. Players can now choose from additional options: become a bloody pirate without honor or try to work as an agent under cover. As for the main scenario we have new text quests, planetary battles, ships, devices, etc. Battles in the hyperspace (arcade battles) now have a special button in the main menu for gamers who want to play them apart outside the main game.
PSF: Why did you decide to expand piracy in the game? Was it something you felt was lacking from previous releases?
Sergey Gerasev: The entire history of mankind clearly states that in wartimes bad guys become a powerful force. It was easy to imagine their urge to bring anarchy to the world.
PSF: Fans seem keen to have as many new text quests as possible. Will you be providing them?
Sergey Gerasev: Apart from the newly made text quests we also have some quests, which were never translated for the original game. We will try to include them as well.
More information.

I was more hoping for full sequel but like it says in interview they are considering it.
Anyway still going to get this because with HD version or not I was planing to go for another playthrough of this unique and excellent game.

if there's simply new text quests/adventures alone it will be worth a modest price.

The interviewer mentioned the RTS battles as lowpoint. I bought Reboot a while back and I liked the RTS battles for the most part. They were lightweight fun. But there a few impossible RTS battles I wish they would fix. I think 25% of them had crazy spawn rates which seemed like bugs, because your initial position would be overrun in 3 minutes regardless of what strategy you used. The bad part was, once you got a particular quest they would keep giving it to you over and over if didn't complete it, so it broke what I found to be a fun part of the game.

This is one of the very few games that briefly restored my faith in gaming. Like it was in the 20th century. Back when games weren't glorified interactive movies.

The RTS element was ok. It could be difficult but it was ok. Trading was useless under the default settings though. In the late game engine repair probably cost more than the distance travelled to make a high profit trade.

Back
Top Bottom