No Man's Sky definetly on PC

Too early to say as there is no real gameplay vid yet and the release is set for 2015.
And yes, it's a small team project. If this was on Kickstarter, no matter the platform I'd back it instantly.

Hopefully the content won't be repetitive as the fifth (final) stage in Spore.

I'm not a big fan of procedurally generated content, but this still looks like it might be worth keeping an eye on.

It's hard not to be skeptical when the developer's only previous game was this.

GameSpot did a big series of videos looking at this game. There isn't much footage to show so the visuals get pretty repetitive but there's some good information. The game sure is promising but we'll have to wait to find out if they can actually deliver all this. (The Playstation community has kindly volunteered to test the game for us! ;))

Oh thank gawd. This game only being on PS4 would be like Pearl Jam Vs. only being on eight track. Or something.

Can someone please invent a time stretcher device?
So many games, so little time.

This looks interesting.

Do we know how the multiplayer aspect will work? I've read somewhere that you "broadcast" your discoveries to other players, and they can visit "your planet" or some such? Does this mean these "discoveries" merely shape the universe in other people's games, and you won't actually encounter any other players?

This looks interesting.

Do we know how the multiplayer aspect will work? I've read somewhere that you "broadcast" your discoveries to other players, and they can visit "your planet" or some such? Does this mean these "discoveries" merely shape the universe in other people's games, and you won't actually encounter any other players?

Did you see how huge the galaxy was? but I am sure you'll encounter other players, you can just agree on where to go...

Nice to read this game is being released on PC! I've been following it since I stumbled upon an early video and was impressed by the scope of the game. Regarding multiplayer, I remember the devs stating that, although you can log in at the same time, it is highly unlikely you will ever meet each other, since everybody's starting position is different and the size of the galaxy is tremendous.

I'm just hoping it supports VR. And that VR can take some form of screenshot easily.

Game sounds like a wonderful experiment that will bore me to tears after a few hours.

Did you see how huge the galaxy was? but I am sure you'll encounter other players, you can just agree on where to go…

Nice to read this game is being released on PC! I've been following it since I stumbled upon an early video and was impressed by the scope of the game. Regarding multiplayer, I remember the devs stating that, although you can log in at the same time, it is highly unlikely you will ever meet each other, since everybody's starting position is different and the size of the galaxy is tremendous.

My question was more like, are you playing in the same galaxy as everybody else (as in the same instance, remotely, like an MMO) or does everybody play in its own instance (like locally)?
I guess the real question is: is it an MMO? ;)

Well Wiretripped, Danny at Gamespot played it behind closed doors so I'll let him answer as he tells us what the actual gameplay is like:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/we-played-no-man-s-sky/2300-6425669/

Thanks, Zloth. So definitely no MMO, I guess, since the guy states you will never meet other players. Everything feeds into a central database, and I assume that data is used to shape the local instance that each player plays in.
Interesting. In that case, my level of interest rises. :)

All this business of keeping secrets has me in a bit of a quandary, though. It's going to be hard for people to write detailed reviews that aren't also spoilers. So do I play this game on launch day? But it's also a small team making a big game, which makes nasty bugs just about inevitable when millions of people start playing, which means I really should give it a long time to "cook" before playing.

Oh well, no need to decide right now.

So do I play this game on launch day?
Absolutely not!
This game can turn out to be spectacular exploration of randomeness or a blueprint for the next generation of repetitiveness and grind.
It's something we can't know at least a few days after the release.

Ironically enough, Joxer said not to play this game on release day exactly one year before release day. (How could he have known!?)

Anyway, pre-orders are open. The only incentive is a stronger starting ship which I expect won't be a very big deal but at least it isn't nothing:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/

Back
Top Bottom