Blizzard - New Diablo Game Coming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameRant reports that a new Diablo game is coming, basing this on job advertisements for Blizzard.

Diablo 3 has been out for six years, but that hasn’t stopped Blizzard from keeping things fresh with DLC packs, updates, and events. However, a bevy of recent job listings suggests the developer may be shifting its focus to the future, as the listings confirm Blizzard is hiring for several positions to work on a brand new installment in the venerable Diablo franchise.

While it’s easy to assume the call for new talent is in relation to the rumored Diablo 3 switch installment, the job listings instead confirm that an original Diablo game is currently in the works, calling for qualified Artists, Animators, and Engineers to assist in the development of a “new, unannounced Diablo project.”

[...]
More information.

Hopefully they look at Path of Exile success and try to understand why their crap game Diablo 3 is no longer played while PoE keeps growing every 3 months. And then learn the right lessons and make a better next Diablo game.

Kinda doubt it - yeah, something new Diablo is coming. Is it a D# Switch port? Sure. Is it a D3 remaster? probably. A D3 expansion of some sort? I could see that, even though they already have cancelled one. A brand new Diablo (4) is something I don't see coming anytime soon, the same way, I don't see a brand new StarCraft (3) or WarCraft (4) on the horizon. Unless is some F2P bastardization of the whole thing, and I don't usually mind F2P all that much.

Do we need another Diablo? Really?
I'd rather waste time on Candy Crush Saga.

agree with every comment.
i hope its single player , i hope its gritty and i hope its writing is on par with Tyranny, and some scripting would be ideal.

something cool would also be to switch the context to something contemporary

I hope its not an expansion. I tried to restart for a new class during the last expansion but I only got half way through the temple before boredom made me quit.

Hopefully they look at Path of Exile success and try to understand why their crap game Diablo 3 is no longer played while PoE keeps growing every 3 months. And then learn the right lessons and make a better next Diablo game.

Given that their "crap game" was the fourth best selling PC game of all time, I kind of doubt that they see things the same way that you do.

Diablo Battle Royale. Will be a great break from Fallout Battle Royale (so-called F76) and Mass Effect Battle Royale (so-called Anthem). Because all we need is Battle Royale games in familiar universes.

Can't wait for announcements of Deus Ex Battle Royale, Dragon Age Battle Royale and some other AAA-franchises Battle Royales.

I would actually not mind some new content for Diablo 3. Seasonal play in Adventure mode is actually quite fun for what it offers.

They have been working on this project for quite some time now, not the first time it get revealed trough their recruitments. For sure will be interesting to see what it is. It will not be a D3 expansion though that is not to say blizz aren't working on that as well.

Given that their "crap game" was the fourth best selling PC game of all time, I kind of doubt that they see things the same way that you do.

That is a good point. I hope Blizzard has enough pride not to allow a bunch of independents to walk all over them with their hardcore "base". That base has probably abandoned them for PoE while keeping an eye on Wolcen. Sadly they will probably cater to the lowest common denominator to ensure sales. But I think the average player could easily handle something more hardcore. Diablo 2 sure did well.

Not even remotely interested in Blizzard games these days. They're catering to new audiences to which I don't belong.

That was because D2 was such a great and loved game.

With next Diablo game they lost that hype and diablo name recognition. Next Diablo game will only be as popular as the game itself is good.

When will lemmings understand that just because your Call of Cuty, Fallout 4, & Diablo 3 titles sold well doesn't necessarily make them good games. They are ESTABLISHED brands with MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR ad campaigns.

As far as anything from Blizzard is concerned, not interested. Blizzard North is where the talent was.

That was because D2 was such a great and loved game.

With next Diablo game they lost that hype and diablo name recognition. Next Diablo game will only be as popular as the game itself is good.

The expansion for Diablo3 was also one of the best selling PC games of all time.

Like others, this is no longer my Blizzard. The Warcraft and Diablo games of the nineties are gone, and I doubt they'll ever be coming back. I've avoided the third diablo game because of having to be online, and until that changes, I'll simply stay away from the company.

An isometric, turn-based, troupe-style rpg, no doubt. What was old is new again. :p

Back
Top Bottom