RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon
View Single Post

September 3rd, 2020, 23:35
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
So you're more unhappy that I'm presenting facts as facts than you are about the facts themselves?

You can't accept that I am an authority on the subject? And that is your only complaint? How is one supposed to present the facts in an authoritative manner without offending you then?

Without authority and confidence in that authority there is just chaos…
I can't put it more simply than this: you are not an authority on the subject. At least not more of an authority than many other people on this very site.

It's troubling that you can't think of any other way to present your opinions than to say things like "you can disagree, but it's an objective fact, so you're wrong." You can say that about things like the chemical composition of water if I claim it's magnesium and argon, but you cannot make that same claim about the definition of RPGs. You've been presented with plenty of evidence and examples that demonstrate your definition to be ill considered and/or incomplete, but you steam blindly on, unwilling to consider any viewpoint other than your own.

That's too bad. If I was talking with you at a party, I'd excuse myself and disappear into the crowd. I'm going to do the equivalent now.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)