Nomads of the Fallen Star - Available January 30

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy RPG Nomads of the Fallen Star will be available on Steam on January 30:

Nomads of the Fallen Star

Set on a distant uncharted & hostile planet, where descendants of a colony fleet that struck disaster have clung on to survive until the eventual rescue. However, decades later, without signs of contact from the fleet, the growing colonies have begun skirmishes over the limited resources.

A full blown war of conquest looms on the horizon that could risk humanity's fragile existence on this harsh new world.

As the chaos approaches, you take the role as the leader of a rag-tag bunch of scavengers / mercenaries. Your goal is to scavenge, trade, sabotage, hunt, fight and help conquer your way to fame and glory.

Along the journey, you will meet allies that will join in the struggle to survive the wasteland, and perhaps together, you can unravel the mystery on the origins of the colony and change the fate of all those who call this barren world home.

Key Features:

• A deep economic simulation lay beneath, where each colonists at outposts consume resources and contribute to production or gathering. Merchant caravans traverse the wasteland, hauling goods to where they are needed. Disruption in the flow of resources leads to dire consequences while offering others opportunities to be exploited.
  • A competitive design where other groups of free scavengers roam the world seeking the same opportunities to exploit as the player. Want the precious advanced alloys from the recent fallen space debris? Or that lucrative trade request? So do others, and they will not appreciate your rag-tag gang interfering.
  • Factions will raise militia armies to defend or raid and conquer their enemies. Each recruit needs to be equipped and supplied, including basics such as munitions, without which, their guns will fall silent in battle.
  • Mercenary contracts that carry consequences. Be it clearing raiders for a faction to help their economy grow, or sabotage their enemy's outposts to cripple their war capability.
  • Equip your squad with many different weapons, each providing a unique balance and tactical options. Train their combat skills as they gain levels, and specialize them further with a selection of many perks.
  • Hunt the xenobeasts on this hostile world and use their skin, carapace, and organs in crafting useful items and armor.
  • An epic sci-fi story awaits, along with side-quests and random encounters.
More information.

Battle Brothers in a Space/Post apoc. setting? Not a fan of the chessboard but otherwise it certainly looks interesting.

Battle Brothers in a Space/Post apoc. setting? Not a fan of the chessboard but otherwise it certainly looks interesting.

he is the same guy of star nomad (1/2), i've known about this game from star nomad forum and i gotta say i'm quite pumped. Hope he will sell well so he can keep supporting.

Thanks for posting about my game here. I'm hesitant to self-promote, but I found this thread via google search, and so I decided to sign up an account to answer any queries you guys may have.

As for it being BB in post-apoc, that wasn't my intent 2.5 years ago when I started working on this title. It's more a sci-fi Mount & Blade that's turn-based in combat, with the spice of a deep economic simulation that drives the gameworld and reacts to player's actions or inactions.

This chessboard idea is simple, you don't have to program much XCOM Battlescape navigation with its myriad of obstacles & covers. I had hoped this game would rather be like amazing ARCHON from the C-64. :/

Curiously, I think, Battle Brothers' graphics aged badly - legless characters - , unlike other real pixel-games.

he is the same guy of star nomad (1/2), i've known about this game from star nomad forum and i gotta say i'm quite pumped. Hope he will sell well so he can keep supporting.

WOW! Star Nomad looks like fun! Respect++ increased toward developer.

I'm also not a big fan of the chessboard design, but given on what I've read about this game, I'd give it a chance. The board looks makes it appear limiting at first but I bet there is a huge depth to the mechanics of the game.

Thanks for posting about my game here. I'm hesitant to self-promote, but I found this thread via google search, and so I decided to sign up an account to answer any queries you guys may have.

As for it being BB in post-apoc, that wasn't my intent 2.5 years ago when I started working on this title. It's more a sci-fi Mount & Blade that's turn-based in combat, with the spice of a deep economic simulation that drives the gameworld and reacts to player's actions or inactions.

Welcome to the forum @Halfgeek;. I have a question. Though you say the game is like Mount and Blade, in the video there is something about basebuilding. Does the game have elements of a 4X strategy game? Do you have to build, protect, and expand a base? If so what kind of role does that play in the game? Also do you create one character like in Mount & Blade or Kenshi and then recruit others? How much character building is in the game?

Lets see.

+ Genre is a favorite of Mine
+ Mount & Blade mention as an inspiration
+ Open world map

- Bobble head characters
- Chess board combat

Might follow this game and I might not.

Couchpotato;Lets see.

- Bobble head characters
- Chess board combat

IMO the heads are creepy.

Couchpotato;Lets see.

- Bobble head characters
- Chess board combat

IMO the heads are creepy.
It's an acquired taste but the developer was probably inspired by Battle Brothers.

Welcome to the forum @Halfgeek;. I have a question. Though you say the game is like Mount and Blade, in the video there is something about basebuilding. Does the game have elements of a 4X strategy game? Do you have to build, protect, and expand a base? If so what kind of role does that play in the game? Also do you create one character like in Mount & Blade or Kenshi and then recruit others? How much character building is in the game?

There's no direct 4X because as the player, your role is to lead your scavenger gang, you're the boss who hired mercenaries to work for you. At the start it's just a two mercs, an old cripple and a young inexperienced girl. Basically the left overs that other scavenging gangs refused.

However, you can form allies with the major factions and as they wage wars of conquest, you can help them expand by fighting for them vs their enemies, helping trade supplies they need (without it, their war effort is crippled) and do missions to secure their trade routes to ensure resources flow to where it's needed.

You'll be able to recruit more characters as you gain experience and find them. Each character has skill points that they gain per lvl, and a large selection of perks.

The starter young girl character has training in chemistry so she'll be able to help the team by crafting useful items and goods. As she crafts, her skill can rise, with a higher skill level she can make extra items from a given recipe.

Well, I did enjoy Star Nomad 2 quite a bit on my phone. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Last edited:
Well, I did enjoy Star Nomad 2 quite a but on my phone. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Thanks!

With this title, I've rectified one of the flaws of SN2, in that it lacked a compelling storyline that pulls the players along, and it was all about the sandbox. This one has both.

Hopefully it sells ok, so I can keep on working to improve my gamedev skills. I have plans to return to the sandbox space genre in the future, a more grander variant, where the player can eventually lead an empire and manage all the associated empire building loops. Combined with bigger fleet battles, more strategic with longer distance engagements with mix fleet usage.

Game looks interesting !!
Thnx for the newsbit, would otherwise missed it.

Back
Top Bottom