Fallout 3 So I'm finally replaying Fallout 3....

All of those work well together. I have received a crash or two, but they are not that frequent and CASM is a god send for that. You can set it to how often you want to autosave and I believe how many slots to use(can't remember off hand right now). This way if you do get a corrupted savegame or crash at least you'll have another save that isn't too far away from where you crashed.

I'll warn you though, it will take awhile to get everything up and running. I believe it took me a day or two to get it running right. However, I had to relearn a lot of the programs and use some I had never heard of before. So that meant a lot of reading to find out what programs could be used with others.

Just remember one thing. BOSS is your best friend. Once you installed everything then run BOSS and it'll put it in the right load order. You'll notice the only game altering mods I used were FWE and MMM. FWE does everything I ever wanted, slower leveling, difficulty increased, fast travel disabled (optional) You use a customizable motorcycle to get around now, need to eat and drink, radiation is increased dramatically (radiation wasn't even an annoyance because I was never in any real danger of getting over exposed in vanilla Fallout), plus a ton of other fixes. MMM adds a variety of creatures. Some people like them, some don't. I love them :)

Anyways always remember to read the readme before installing and check to make sure it put them in the right place. I found a few 'data' folders within my 'data' folder.

Post a message or PM me if you run into any problems or are confused about something. I spent days on this thing and even after I got it purring like a kitten I ran into a bug where the sound would start skipping when I played my radio station. I fixed that bug as well, took me another few hours to figure out that one though.

Have fun in your brand new shiny Fallout 3

@JDR your welcome for pointing out the ironsights mod. Glad your enjoying it. It really does change the game in a big way :)

EDIT: BTW FWE and FOIP say that Eve is compatible with them, but I crashed constantly while running it. I got rid of Eve and that solved my problem. You could give it another shot. Maybe they made a better patch by now. It's been about 6 months or a year since I played.

Last time I counted I have almost 50 mods. Interestingly I only have Type3, FOMM and FO3 Edit among those mentioned by skavenhorde. Most of them are companion mods or cosmetic.

Speaking of cosmetic though, I am grabbing that texture pack. Seems texture packs is a must for PC games these days since games are downscaled for XBox 360

Last edited:
After 1 night of reading / installing and desinstalling mods i have this list…
the problem is that it s crushing a lot.. and mostly in combat… any idea how 2 fix? or what 2 remove? :D
Tnx for help

Attachments

• load order backup.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
Cube experimental caused me all kinds of headaches. Decided to get rid of that one even though it sounded really cool.

My other thought is Eve. I had exactly the same problem of crashing during combat. I got rid of it and that fixed it. They say it's compatible, but I never got it running right with FWE and MMM.

You used BOSS to do your load order and use FOSE to play?

Cube experimental caused me all kinds of headaches. Decided to get rid of that one even though it sounded really cool.

My other thought is Eve. I had exactly the same problem of crashing during combat. I got rid of it and that fixed it. They say it's compatible, but I never got it running right with FWE and MMM.

You used BOSS to do your load order and use FOSE to play?

Yes i use them both. (When i say i read a lot.. was u'r posts 2)
I will try 2 remove EVE later tonight and see whats what.
Thank you again for help
Edit: i also tried FO3Edit and created a .esp file 2 merge them… didn't help
And by removing EVE i got fallout to run in low resolution even if in settings is 1680x1050… i guess those textures from EVE do something bad… and with nothing to replace them i will try a total reinstall wile i watch some House :p

Last edited:
Well, NMC's Terrain Pack crashes when entering the building in A Note Easily Missed... Possible due to memory consumption together with my other mods.

I have ran through A Note Easily Missed and An Evening with Mr Manchester which is the stand-alone sequel. I have yet to try the third part (To sleep, perchance to dream).

These are more like adventuregames than RPG's and playing them gave me a tingling sensation of playing MYST. There are fights, but they are rare and not the main point of playing them. Both begins by finding random notes that hints you to the first clue. Eventually you end up in new areas where you explore events that happened hundreds of years ago. The past events are told through logs and notes. Both have in common that they deal with people who are at the same time brilliant but completely void of care for other human beings, a tayloran weapon producer and a machivellian architect. They both fit very well into the Fallout theme.

Puzzles make up the bulk of the game and to solve them you have to pay attention to details in what you read and see. Usually hints are vague on how to progress to the next area. Each mod also includes creating custom items by finding schematics and the essential components.

Unfortunately, I had done everything in An Evening with Mister Manchester except for the final sidequest when my savegame got hopelessly corrupted so I had to uninstall the mods.

Update: looks like my problems come from 2 things
1st. the fact that i have a quad :((( (2 bad i didint think of this earlier :p)
2nd. Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty + FWE.esp ... this patch
Well now all is working and i can build my town and explore a hash world

And that reminds me, clothing also does that, so I'd find one that removes skill and stat boosts from clothing (with the exception of where it makes sense like power armour gives you a strength boosts and stuff like that). My favorite hat is the Chinese Commando Hat, but I hate that it gives me a Perception boost.

Found a mod last night that does exactly that. :)

No Enchanted Armor

Actually started playing FO3 again yesterday. I've installed patch 1.7 + two DLCs: Broken Steel and Lookout Point. I also installed the unofficial patch (v. 1.2.0) that fixes a lot of stuff.

Unfortunately, none of it helped remove a fairly annoying bug: The mouse of my choice has a serious scrolling issue. One "tick" will max scroll in any direction (e.g when reading something, one tick will scroll to the bottom). The most annoying aspect is the zooming - one tick will zoom the camera waaaay back.

The strange thing is, it works great with another mouse I have.

I've read about this bug on several forums, but I have yet to see a fix. Quite frustrating, as I really do prefer the mouse that I can't use in FO3.

Ah well, other than that it's all good. Not sure if I'll complete it before New Vegas is out, as I might get bored along the way (or dig up a more fun game).

I would advise against the unofficial patch. I read a lot of posts regarding it, and many people seem to agree that it fixes a bunch of very minor bugs, while introducing quite a few of its own.

Ah, didn't know that. I installed it because some people claimed it would fix the mouse scroll bug. It didn't.

I use a few of those - Fallout: Reanimated, Project Beauty (HD) and FOMM.

I used to use Fellout w/ Enhanced Weather, but it caught me in a BSOD loop (i.e. if I loaded a certain save the game would BSOD on me) so I got rid of both. I, personally, feel that Fellout ruins the atmosphere of the game. If you use it with base textures, it highlights a lot of the flaws and makes the game look fairly ugly (Although miles better than Oblivion) and makes night-time almost unplayable.

I have Dogmeat as a companion now, but I've a got a question for those who have used him.

Did he seem extremely overpowered to you guys?

I just watched him take on five raiders by himself, one of which was armed with a rocket launcher, and he wasted the entire group without hardly taking any damage.

*Edit* It's a bug. :(

From Fallout Wiki -

Dogmeat's level scaling in Broken Steel is set up improperly, causing him to gain 5 times the health and damage dealt than what was intended.

Last edited:
EDIT: BTW FWE and FOIP say that Eve is compatible with them, but I crashed constantly while running it. I got rid of Eve and that solved my problem. You could give it another shot. Maybe they made a better patch by now. It's been about 6 months or a year since I played.

I have the most recent FWE, FOIP and EVE all working here nicely. It works well. I've had in 20+ hours I've had a handfull of CTD's when entering new areas (just after an autosave) but I just reload exactly where I was before with no problems. Here's my modlist:

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
StreetLights.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
EVE.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Xepha's Dynamic Weather.esm
Automated FOV.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
Fellout-Full.esp
megalight.esp
UndergroundHideout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
EVE.esp
EVE Operation Anchorage.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp
EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp
EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp
Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp
Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Broken Steel.esp
NightvisionGoggles(Powered).esp
mergedpatch.esp

Total active plugins: 64
Total plugins: 74

I also have a texture mod (NMCs_Texture_Pack_for_FO3) installed which doesn't show up in that list. Game works very nicely. Using Fo3Edit to make the merged patch seems to make a huge improvement in stability compared with Oblivion mods which were making that game rather unstable for me.

Thanks, Daroou. I'll give eve another shot the next time I replay F3.

Enhanced Weather was another one that I couldn't get working right so I got rid of it entirely. This was probably a result of playing it with Nvidia's 3D Vision(just a guess).

Thanks, Daroou. I'll give eve another shot the next time I replay F3.

Enhanced Weather was another one that I couldn't get working right so I got rid of it entirely. This was probably a result of playing it with Nvidia's 3D Vision(just a guess).

YW. I don't remember any difficulties with EW. It should work fine. Maybe it was patched since you tried it.

A week before New Vegas came out I decided to prime myself on FO3. Now that NV is out, I'm playing FO3! LOL But modded so well as it is and it is a fine game, I'm having a blast. I played FO3 on release and found it much too easy and stuttery performance turned me off the game after a week or two of playing. Now that I have a much better computer and have all these mods, the game is a lot more enjoyable. I've been loading NV a few times but as it is I'm fine with FO3. Hopefully I can see all the content before I get deeper into NV. By then the mod scene should be more mature for NV too.

Thanks for the mod suggestions, btw. I added a couple from your list. NV goggles and the texture one. Works great.

A week before New Vegas came out I decided to prime myself on FO3. Now that NV is out, I'm playing FO3! LOL But modded so well as it is and it is a fine game, I'm having a blast. I played FO3 on release and found it much too easy and stuttery performance turned me off the game after a week or two of playing. Now that I have a much better computer and have all these mods, the game is a lot more enjoyable. I've been loading NV a few times but as it is I'm fine with FO3. Hopefully I can see all the content before I get deeper into NV. By then the mod scene should be more mature for NV too.

Sounds like you're having an experience that is very similar to mine. I also didn't like FO3 at release because of the lame difficulty, but I'm having a blast exploring the wasteland now. I'm about 50 hours in, and I haven't even been to any of the DLC areas yet. By the time I'm finished, it might be in my top 10 crpgs.

I'm in no hurry to start NV right now, I'm enjoying FO3 too much to start playing something else, and NV will only be better by the time I get to it.

Btw: I really like some of the quests in FO3. I've seen a lot of people complain about "bad writing", but I think some of the sidequests are very well written. It's just some individual dialogs and voice acting that are poor imo.

So far, the only sidequest I really didn't like was the one involving Tenpenny Tower and the ghouls. None of the possible outcomes felt satisfying to me.

I felt that FO3 had some pretty nifty quests by Bethsofts standard (as did the hated Oblivion), and I really liked that aspect of the game. I just wish there were more of them and that levelling was slower:) The writing is generally ok for Bethsoft. I even liked part of the main quest (the 50s sitcom) and how you often had several options for how to finish a quest.

I had some serious problems with bugs in quests that required multiple NPCs to do their part though. It took 10-20 reloads to get the wedding in Rivet City to play out properly:(

Back
Top Bottom