Pillars of Eternity II - Update 5.0 Released

Does anyone know if they remove filler combat from the game if you play turn-based? Seems like TB could take way too long for a game that was designed for a quicker combat flow like RTWP.

Does anyone know if they remove filler combat from the game if you play turn-based? Seems like TB could take way too long for a game that was designed for a quicker combat flow like RTWP.

I've only played TB so can't speak comparatively from personal experience, but yes - they said they had rebalanced all of the encounters.

PoE 1 was a bit underwhelming for me and this wasn't really on my radar to even buy but the addition of TB combat has guaranteed a purchase for me. Kudos to them for adding it and continuing to support the game to such an extent. Gamers remember those kinds of things.

This is one of those games I wish I could 'forget' my first playthrough, so I could enjoy it again with all the additions.

Yes, I'm letting some time pass before I play it again. I think the first time I had the wrong expectations.

This one is definitely on my play list once 3D Vision dies off.

?? What 3D vision?
The 3D glasses from NVIDIA. They're really stunning in a proper 3D game like Tomb Raider or Skyrim. In an iso game like Pillars or Kingmaker, not so much. But the technology is going away and the next Windows update will likely wipe it out completely so I'm playing the former type of games while I can.

Back
Top Bottom