Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Yes there are. You might ignore people you see in live mode, but some of those have interesting things like a riddler with his easy candles question or a treasure map seller.
However in fasttravel mode, every time you stumble upon one of these for a few seconds you'll be offered to ignore it (esc) or to check it up (E).

It's a good game. Could have used a bit more polish but its not a bug fest.

I think the worst is actually the not so optimal way they lead players into the game.

The bugs can be entertaining.

Oh sure, Japanese RPGs can get away with that all the time but set your RPG in Bohemia and all of a sudden you can't do a long-range horizontal flying kick without calling it a bug! /jk

Am I weird to think that the noble names in this game sound more strange than what you usually hear/see in cRPGs?

It's like fiction can't top real-life lol.

Last edited:
So is the game good; good but bug fest; or horrible bore ?

Definitely interesting, though more leaned to those preferring realism, Immersive sims and historical games.
Kind of all over the place, for ev-e-ry thing it does really well, there is something more pre-pre-pre…alpha. Czech made, certified medieval realism.

So is the game good; good but bug fest; or horrible bore ?
If I had to vote on only those three options I'd click "good but bug fest".
Note that developer is collecting bugs in a specific thread on Steam which means all of those should be ironed out. Officially. Not by modders.
Immersive sims
KCD is not nor will ever be Electronic Arts' The Sims 5.

Nice info people. I'm excited for this game and will let the bugs get ironed out a little more. I button smash when I get frustrated :) Will have to watch that.

Past and current Patch Plan.

I wonder what the pickpocketing improvements are. Outside actually understanding how it works. Manually training it without paying is super hard, even sleeping people wake up super easy.

Hotfix – Version 1.2.5 (upcoming)

We already fixed some of the worst bugs and want to give these fixes to the community as fast as possible. Therefore we will push this to certification on Monday 2/19
Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle
1. Meh.
2. That quest has silly visual bugs like you're bathing with bow and arrows equipped. Meh 2.
3. What bug? Meh 3.

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible.
I'm in love!

I keep reading about people saying Warhorses studio was small. Well, I went hunting for information and in 2016 they had 80 employees.

These devs must be half-dead by now.

I keep reading about people saying Warhorses studio was small. Well, I went hunting for information and in 2016 they had 80 employees.

These devs must be half-dead by now.

He is mentioning:
"Our company grew from 2 dozen people (at kickstarter) to more than one hundred."

Did they say how much the game cost to make ?

No definite numbers. But from wikipedia:

On 22 January 2014, Warhorse Studios launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with the goal of generating £300,000, ten percent of the US$5,000,000 budget, in order to prove to the investor that there exists an audience and desire for their game. On 20 February 2014, the fund was completed, raising a total of £1,106,371.[10] Even after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, the crowd funding was continued through the studios' website. On 1 October 2014, Daniel Vávra had announced through a YouTube video that the game had raised US$2,002,547 from a total of 38,784 backers.

Czech gaming press estimate the final budget at 10-15 millions USD from what I've read online.

That's cheap for a game of this sort. Hum. Of course it helps that it was developed in Czech. If developed in California (ok ok state vs country) it would be 3x more expensive.
-
Hopefully their deal with their investor allows them to make a bit of spare change for the next game.

Czech gaming press estimate the final budget at 10-15 millions USD from what I've read online.

No money can buy humor. Proven by Pluto13.

And in KCD… First I thought Hans Capon rocks it'll probably just stay as one unique personality in the game. Then I'd swear the priest is the best character. Then that silly butcher women being haunted by a ghost, crazy stuff. And now those two, Matthew and Fitz, OMG this is not normal, the last time I laughed like crazy in a game was The Stick of Truth. And funds for that game also didn't bust a block.

Honestly I'm prepared to forgive all those horrible quest bugs.

Back
Top Bottom