Last game you finished, tell us about it

I didn't care much for Vampyr, played some 10-15 hours but meh. But I'm not a good reviewer for it since I don't like twitch games that much.

The second sentence is irrelevant. The problem is obviously in the first one. :p

Ah, you don't like dodging either? What about blocking or parrying?

Video game characters can't stay immobile during fights, you know. They live really dangerous lives…

Is the combat as bad as they say?

I just started playing Vampyr a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it. The combat isn't great, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. I like the dark and gritty setting of 1920's London, and the game has tons of atmosphere.

Don't bother with it if you're looking for something that's bright and cheerful. :)

Ah, you don't like dodging either? What about blocking or parrying?

Video game characters can't stay immobile during fights, you know. They live really dangerous lives…

Video game characters are one thing, Dark Souls and clones are another.

I just finished replaying Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix before leaving for a trip this week. Here are a few observations:
- I have played this game through at least two dozen times, so although I’ve not finished it in 3-4 years, I still remembered pretty much every detail.
- The gameplay is incredibly satisfying - overpowered shotgun, precise sniper rifle and OICW ... all make for intense battles and rewarding kills.
- The ‘cheater AI’ has become more obvious with time - and familiarity. I can be hidden and silent and people in the jungle or snowy hills or airport immediately know exactly where to shoot.
- I had forgotten just how huge areas like Kamchatka were ... whew!
- The story is just enough to keep you going without worrying too much about it getting in the way, which IMO is perfect for this sort of thing.
- The most annoying thing about the whole game for me is about 10 minutes of being prone working my way through the conduit above The Shop. I get the effect they were going for, but it is just too frustratingly slow for me after such a fast paced game.

Glad I finally fully replayed it - and glad it is on GoG as part of the reason I didn’t finish recently was that I haven’t had a main PC with an optical disk drive for quite a while, so I had to use an old backup PC. :)

Finished DA:I + all dlc after 242 hours. 60 of that was replaying Hinterlands repeatedly trying to get my imported world state to my liking. Final thoughts: better than DA2 (which I did enjoy aside from the re-used assets) but not as good as Origins; Good = exploration, loot, lore; Bad = import, no hot straight romanceable females, Divine Election.

Buy yourself a rubber doll you two.
I mean… No hot? Geez, you that picky in RL too? No wonder you're spending time with videogames. :p

(note that I'm spending too much of time with videogames too, but I'm using an excuse of being too old and too tired so there :D).

Buy yourself a rubber doll you two.
I mean… No hot? Geez, you that picky in RL too? No wonder you're spending time with videogames. :p

(note that I'm spending too much of time with videogames too, but I'm old and tired so there).
Well in his defense he has a point. ;)

BioWare did de-sexualize females with MA:A & DA:I. It was due to frostbite's limitations, and a female YouTuber who is still a curse on gaming. One clue her name was Anita.

So back on track my last finished game this month was Master of Orion the 2016 remake. My verdict is average the ship designs are lackluster, and it could have more events.

Well in his defense he has a point. ;)

BioWare did de-sexualize females with MA:A & DA:I. It was due to frostbite's limitations, and a female YouTuber who is still a curse on gaming. One clue her name was Anita.

Gimme a break. ME games are alien dating sim, sure, but Dragon Age was not supposed to be another entry to that genre. :p

Anita you say? I know only one Anita in entertainment world, now I'm not gonna share my thoughts if she's hot or not, nor if she was romanceable:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ani...eAhXMGuwKHY0sCsAQsAR6BAgDEAE&biw=1920&bih=966
So back on track my last finished this month was Master of Orion the 2016 remake. My verdict is average as I found the ship designs lackluster, and it could have more events.
Never liked the original, it just wasn't fun to me. Not sure why, can't remember clearely any more… Anyway, just wasn't.
Gave remake a pass.

Gimme a break. ME games are alien dating sim, sure, but Dragon Age was not supposed to be another entry to that genre. :p.

Morrigan and Leliana were both hot in Origins, and Isabela in DA2 was hot and up for some 3-way action :thumbsup:

OK, so aside from being quite a pathetic and misogynistic discussion, this really is getting off topic and frankly out of bounds for this particular forum. If you want to discuss your degrading attitudes towards women, take it to P&R.

Don't take anything I say too serious. :)

Edit: I thought it was quite obvious but alas :(

Last edited:
I'm still not finished with Hero U, but every day that passes in the game leaves me even more impressed. If I remember right, this is supposed to be the first in a new series of games, and if that's true, I'll certainly be buying the next project when it is released. I'm currently on day twenty-five, couldn't even tell you how many days are left to play, and I just found some massive underground crypt that is bigger than any other area that I've found in the game to date. Every day that I play I'm constantly wondering if the term will end mid-adventure!

I haven't finished any games recently; in part because I'm still perplex by Joxer's post of his love affair with dolls.... still I might manage to finish xcom wotc2 end of this week or early next week.

Back
Top Bottom