Eschalon: Book III - Release Date Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Basilisk Games has sent out a new press release with news that Eschalon: Book III will be released on Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2014.

Basilisk Games Announces the release date for "Eschalon: Book III"

Indianapolis, IN - December 3rd, 2013 - Basilisk Games, Inc. is proud to announce that Eschalon: Book III is expected to launch on Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms on Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2014.

On February 14th the game will be immediately available, worldwide and DRM-free, through our website at http://basiliskgames.com. Eschalon: Book III was recently approved through Steam's Greenlight service and will be available on most major distribution portals on or shortly after its worldwide Valentine's Day release.

“The last game of the Eschalon trilogy is in the final stages of development now and is expected to wrap up in time for next Valentine's Day” said Thomas Riegsecker, CEO of Basilisk Games. “It is really an exciting time for us to see this project finished, and for everyone waiting to see how the trilogy comes to a close.”

Basilisk Games is expected to begin semi-public Beta Testing of Eschalon: Book III in early January 2014 for fans who want to help balance the game before its release. More information on the beta test program will be posted on the website at http://basiliskgames.com in the coming weeks.
More information.

I finished the second game for the first time last weekend, so it's great to read of this date.

Overall I probably prefer the original games' exploration and dungeons, as the second half of the sequel did contain a few empty-ish areas seemingly lacking in content. This made my endeavour to play a pure melee character towards the end of the game a little bit of a grind. I found some of the skill requirements a little frustrating, perhaps encouraging the jack of all trades mindset a little, but I stuck to the vision of my character and finished in around 50 hours at level 20.

Interestingly, if not for reading a book on foraging after getting to Picaroon Island, I may have ran out of resources for making gold. Thus you could argue there are still some skill imbalances which could be addressed in part III.

Still, it's a fun little series, especially the early parts of the game. I even made a basic map of the areas in the sequel, something I haven't done for a long time! Certainly looking forward to the next one.

Cool, will be buying this. Have to admit though that with the recent kickstarter games im not as excited for this now. Prior to kickstarter there were hardly any games like this being made so it made this series much more attractive but now that's changed a bit. I hope it doesn't hurt his sales too much though. I wonder if he will go kickstarter on a future game? He has the track record already established.

Great news! I'm huge fan of Eschalon. I still have to finish the second game, but this will give me inspiration to do so ( I'm almost to the final dungeon anyway) I will probably wait until Summer time when I have more leisure time available to play Book 3, but by then hopefully some patches will be out. I always like to wait a period of time for patches before playing games.

Definitely a huge fan of the series ... can't wait for this one!

Any word on a boxed release? I remember them saying they were going to do the trilogy in a boxed release, but that was a long time ago.

I loved one, but hated some of the choices of two, so I'll wait and see and probably play the demo.

Back
Top Bottom