Witcher 2 Do you really support CDProjekts alliance with corporate copyright trolls?

The Witcher 2
Joxer, your reading comprehension skills are fantastic. You posted two times, and two times you entirely missed the point of the post you referred to.
How did I miss this? :)
Thanks on the compliment. ;)

I wonder why they are focusing on Germany for this action?

The reason for this is, that the german law has some sort of "hole" towards those letters demanding money for a possible violation of copyrights. The german law strongly favors the party sending such letters. The recipient of such a letter has very few options to fight such a claim, without eventually paying much more money in total - that's what's lead to a whole industry in Germany doing nothing else but sending these letters. There are single lawyers who have thousands of these things sent per year and they make millions this way. CDProjekt obviously knows this and they want their piece of the cake.
The copyright lobby is very powerful in Germany as well, so there is little hope that this intimidation tactic will end anytime soon.
Anyway, yes - just for being part of this despicable technique, I can't say I still like CDP as much as I used to.

So what now? CD-project just have to put up and smile at people pirating? Wring their hands and say "please don't, we really love you, please love us back"? How about RPS develop some ideas on that, for a change? They claim they are not defending piracy, but in effect, they do exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom