Vampyr - First Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Vampyr has received its first patch.

We're happy to release Vampyr's first update!

Thanks for your help last week with the Beta patch to ensure a smooth release today. This first update mainly contains bug fixes of issues you reported in the past weeks, as well as a few features suggested here.

We continue to read your feedback and suggestions in forums and social networks and you can expect bigger patches in the coming months.

Please find the changelog below:

New Features:

• Walk can now be used as a held input or a toggled input.
  • The Recovering Icon is now properly displayed when a citizen is healing
Fixes:

• Switching targets can now be done with the mouse wheel.
  • During the cutscene between Dorothy and Darius, Dorothy will now properly be shown. A new playthrough is needed for this.
  • Fixed an issue where Sean Hampton was stuck in a chair while reloading during certain dialogues.
  • Fixed an issue where spoiler characters would incorrectly spawn.
  • Fixed an issue where Tom Watts’s sidequest would be blocked while performing a medical checkup mid-choice
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to escape the map in Southwark
  • Optimised the in-game menus
  • Fixed an issue where in-game and in-menu serum icons were inverted.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to change inventory page using KB/M
  • Green flickering should no longer occur
  • Fixed an issue where Camelia’s dialogue would stay locked, even with all hints unlocked.
  • Various other fixes
More information.

I played this for a bit and I quite enjoyed it.

It's just that there are too many games and not enough time :(

I was about to start playing this before my video card took a shit. At least now it'll have a patch under its belt when I start it.

Not on mine. I don't see any mention of respawns being removed or done differently in this patch. Also, there is no mention of ditching Alpha Protocol checkpoint.

Anyone knows if a mod that isn't reshade rubbish appeared?

I don't think joxer is the person to ask about that :)

But it's pretty severe. At least, I saw respawns every time I re-entered an area after resting.

That said, the game really isn't about the combat - and I'm sure there are ways to minimize that aspect of the game.

It's more of a dialogue simulator like Witcher 3 ;)

I haven't played it enough to be sure you can avoid them. But I think, for the most part, you can.

That said, you need the XP and the progression.

Combat isn't great - but it's ok.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually agree with joxer and others about respawns. I don't like them.

But they're not the end of the world very often.

I haven't played it enough to be sure you can avoid them. But I think, for the most part, you can.

That said, you need the XP and the progression.

Combat isn't great - but it's ok.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually agree with joxer and others about respawns. I don't like them.

But they're not the end of the world very often.
Yeah don't like re-spawns either but that's because of early JRPGs where every 10-15 steps you had to fight, and the early trend of enemies re-spawning on maps.

Last edited:
I very much dislike respawns, mostly because they seem unrealistic to me. It is part of the reason I dislike MMOs. There are some games which handle a low number of respawns well, such as if my character has not yet destroyed the nest causing the low number of respawns.

For my own part, I simply don't like repetition unless there's a very, very good reason to have it.

If I kill something - it's dead.

Dead means you don't come back.

Well, unless you're undead - but I digress :)

I finished the game yesterday. It's pretty fun, though it's hard to consider it a very good game. The combat is ok but kinda boring and the story is ok, too (I didn't like the ending very much but it's far from bad). The most interesting aspect is all about the NPCs that you get to know and choose to feed from... or not.

About respawns: there is a lot of them but you can easily avoid them. Just run. Really. If you know where you're going, you can simply run past the enemies before they can actually hit you. I've done this a lot in the end game. Combat almost doesn't give XP, so you shouldn't bother too much (it gives important items for crafting, though).

But it's pretty severe. At least, I saw respawns every time I re-entered an area after resting.

That's quite disappointing as I was really looking forwrd to playing Vampyr. Are the respawns always the exact same enemies in the same places? If so, that's even more disappointing and might even make me postpone playing it.

I don't mind respawns if there's a plausible explanation for them, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here.

It's more of a dialogue simulator like Witcher 3 ;)

I see you still haven't lost that unhealthy obsession of yours. ;)

That's quite disappointing as I was really looking forwrd to playing Vampyr. Are the respawns always the exact same enemies in the same places? If so, that's even more disappointing and might even make me postpone playing it.

I don't mind respawns if there's a plausible explanation for them, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here.

As far as I saw, it was the same enemies in the same place - more or less. No plausible explanation, really.

I see you still haven't lost that unhealthy obsession of yours. ;)

If you say so :)

Well it's kind of hard not to notice when someone constantly makes references to one game in unrelated threads. Just saying… :)

Well it's kind of hard not to notice when someone constantly makes references to one game in unrelated threads. Just saying… :)

Context matters, though. In this case, I was teasing joxer because, like you, he loves Witcher 3 to the extent that other people saying something negative about it bothers him a little.

To me, it’s just a bit of fun in return for his endless Destiny references :)

I like both Vampyr and Witcher 3.

Just poking some fun at you. I know TW3 is secretly your favorite game of all time.

So you'd say Vampyr is definitely worth playing? How does it stack up against VTM-B, or are they too different to really compare?

Just poking some fun at you. I know TW3 is secretly your favorite game of all time.

So you'd say Vampyr is definitely worth playing? How does it stack up against VTM-B, or are they too different to really compare?

Too early to tell for me. I think it felt like an accomplished game in terms of story and atmosphere. Gameplay was a little uninspired, but quite fluid.

It felt more like an action adventure game with the emphasis on NPC interaction than a proper RPG.

Doesn’t resemble Bloodlines much in terms of mechanics or gameplay but obviously shares some of its subject matter.

Hard to compare it to other games, as it’s a little unique.

I was teasing joxer because, like you, he loves Witcher 3 to the extent that other people saying something negative about it bothers him a little.
You're wrong. He loves Prey to that extent. Not TW3.

Back
Top Bottom