The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - PC Version: April 9

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The PC version of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV will be released next week:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV

The Ultimate Class Reunion - Boasting the largest roster in series history, heroes from all over seek to join the cause! The heroes of Class VII unite with Crossbell's Special Support Section and even the heroes of Liberl.

Battle Most Refined - New and returning systems join the already polished combat of The Legend of Heroes series, including the ability to summon giant mechs to the field for devastating attacks, use Auto Battle for more expedient combat, and utilize Lost Arts, the most powerful Orbal magic capable of turning the tide of battle.

Pursuits of the War Weary - In between epic battles, catch a breather with a number of mini-games including returning favorites like Vantage Master, fishing and puzzle games! And introducing new pursuits like Poker, Blackjack, and the Horror Coaster.

Story
The Erebonian Empire is on the brink of all out war! Taking place shortly after the ending of Trails of Cold Steel III, the heroes of Class VII find themselves with the full force of the Empire on the path to domination. Further, the hero of the Erebonian Civil War and Class VII's instructor, Rean Schwarzer, has gone missing.

Now, the students of Class VII, old and new, must unite with heroes from all over the continent to create the only chance the world has to be spared from total destruction.
More information.

Finally we get a date. Just hope its not as bad as the console reviews claim.

Of course it's bad to them as console players expected it to be closure of the whole LoH series.
And besides they knew it's coming to PC eventually so they hated it's guts.
Every time something is an exclusive they shower it with praise, when it finally comes to PC we find out it's not really that good as games we already had on PC. But in some cases the game turns out to be even better than they claimed (example: VC).
Thanks to their "betatest" we learned the whole show is not over, only that arc.

Of course I'll buy and play it on day 1.
I want to rekindle Fie romance that was not an option in ToCS3. If not her then any other character that is not forced by devs Alisa, she can go rot in hell. ;)
Don't spoil!

Romance could be fun to explore, if the protagonist wasn't gender locked and so generic and dull in general at that. I did like ToCS3 though, and although I didn't finish it, I'll likely have a look at 4 if I get some free time.

Well timed for me, as I just completed the third installment a few months ago. As long as this one is similar to the prior three, I'll be picking it up at some point!

Romance could be fun to explore, if the protagonist wasn't gender locked and so generic and dull in general at that. I did like ToCS3 though, and although I didn't finish it, I'll likely have a look at 4 if I get some free time.
Gender locked protagonists are a staple of JRPGs. You either play as a teenage male or female. Don't forget the weird clothing and other fetishes of the genre also.

If you want gender options stick with open world games from bigger studios.

That's correct but not the whole story.
Not having character creation in the game is the staple of jRPGs, although there are exceptions.
Nonbinary characters however cannot be created even in those.

Also related, for all I know, protagonist's sexuality in jRPGs never escaped dark ages. Unlike their visual novels where you can find such crazy varieties that don't exist in videogames industry outside of japanese VNs.
I'm saying you can expect crazier things than tentacles! :)

However, while the jRPG protagonist can be either asexual or interested only in the opposite sex and nothing else, that rule does not apply on side characters. In plenty of jRPGs you'll find other types of characters and regardless of gender these characters will hit on the protagonist. Of course, nothing ever comes out of it as the protagonist has no other choice but to be not interested.

Lemme return to ToCS.
The first game, apart from obvious Alisa shill, basically allowed you to end it somewhat romantically with several sidekicks and that includes males.
The second game went in kind of a similar fashion, but the third game totally removed any other possibility except the stupid Alisa.

In ToCS3 Fie for no reason became completely uninterested. The game additionally suggested that Emma and Laura are dating. On male side Crow became like Fie (which due to the story does have logic), but the game also insisted on Machias and Jusis so called bromance.
I have no idea why developers decided to remove Olivert and introduce unbelievably irritating Musse as a new obscene character instead. After a few funny lines of text, it got so retarded she overstayed her welcome. Storywise. In fights she can kick arse. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom