The Fall of '76

And I'd still bet Fallout 76 was a financial success. For whatever that is worth in the long term...

Watched this to the end..tbh, haven't heard of a lot of things here.
I doubt we'll see something like this anytime soon. Royal fuck up of this scale only comes out once in lifetime...how can't you even get a canvas bag right?
Wonder if this has something with that Trumpie on board?

…how can't you even get a canvas bag right?

They did get it right. The meeting went like this:

Todd: "Hello, everyone! Great work yesterday saving money on DVDs by deciding to use a paper disk with the CD key on it."

Employee1 "Install times build anticipation!"

Todd: "OK, so, we are going to launch with the standard version but try to upsell people to the collectors edition. Those things make shitloads.

Employee1 "As long as the physical goods are not so expensive that they ruin the profit margin!"

Todd "That's right, employee1, you're really catching on to this. I'm proud of you."

Employee1 :D

Todd "So, what cheap crap can we put in the box with the paper CD?"

Employee2 "A canvas bag?"

Todd: "Woah, brilliant! Get China on the phone and see how much it would cost for 200k units"

Employee1 "Already on it! They say 15c each"

Todd "Tell him to go fuck himself.

Employee2 "I got a guy who'll do them for 10c. He sent a photo."

Todd: "Nice photo. We'll use that. Still too expensive. Anyway, That's enough work for today. See you guys on Monday."

Has anyone played this recently? Just wondering if they've made any improvements. I was never interested to begin with, but I'm curious.

Been playing solidly since Christmas, Probably picked it up about the right time as it just constantly gets better. I'm not going to get into why you should or should not play it, all I will say is if you enjoyed Fallout 4, you will love this.

FO76 has it's flaws but I'm playing it and enjoying it. It doesn't feel particularly multi-player, think most players are very much Lone Rangers.

You do what's illegal in Skyrim:
Lollygaggin'.

I've read that the game doesnt even have NPC's, just some robots. Seems awful. What do you even do in the world?

It's not actually all that different from last Bethesda games. Go to location x, follow quest marker, kill/fetch an object.
However they underestimated how much most players need the context for it to make up a story in their head ( Bethesda "roleplaying), by removing everything that makes the world feel "lived in".
This is a pretty good review ( from an actual fan of their previous games)

Back
Top Bottom